slider torque

daiddu

Registered
Planning to install sliders for the first time this afternoon. I wanted to confirm with anyone that might know the actual torque value for the bolts. I read 40 ft/lbs on the shop manual that is posted on the web.

Could anyone please confirm that value or provide the correct torque if I read the wrong bolts. Thanks,

dd

Yup, it's 40 ft-lbs...
wink.gif

cool thanks Train....

How about another noob slider question. I have just installed the carbon fiber sliders and the right side sticks out about a half inch further then the left (2" vs. 1.5")

Right side longer as you sit on the bike.

The instructions said to put the longer one on the right, is that as you ride, or as you face the bike? The left side just doesn't seem to stick out very much... and thanks again in advance
smile.gif

dd

cool thanks Train....

How about another noob slider question. I have just installed the carbon fiber sliders and the right side sticks out about a half inch further then the left (2" vs. 1.5")

Right side longer as you sit on the bike.

The instructions said to put the longer one on the right, is that as you ride, or as you face the bike? The left side just doesn't seem to stick out very much... and thanks again in advance
smile.gif

dd
Yeah, one side doesn't stick out as far past the fairing as the other. That's normal. Also, both sliders are the same length. The only difference is that one bolt is longer. If I remember correctly the longer bolt went in on the right (throttle side). Can't exactly go out and look for ya anymore, but I think that's right.

Fwiw, from what I've read, anytime you see left and right designations on a bike, consider it your left and right when you're sittin' on the bike like you'd ride it.
wink.gif

Thanks again Train... I guess I put them on right then.... what are the odds ??
smile.gif

I thought the right a left thing were sitting, but I had read somewhere that the sliders should be symetrical once installed and mine aren't. Oh well, I guess we'll see once they get used
tounge.gif

btw, how do you like that new bike?

dd

I'd say the odds are 50/50...
laugh.gif

Some sliders may be made different lengths and may be symmetrical in exposed length but my LP carbon fiber inlay sliders were the same length and stuck out different amounts on each side. As long as you got each bolt in the correct hole you're good to go... and let's hope you DON'T test 'em...
wink.gif

As for my new bike, I'm lovin' it. It's all I hoped it would be and then some.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099270230 -->

You got it right on both counts. The torque is 40 ft-lbs and the longer bolt goes on the throttle side of the bike. Just make sure we get some pics of that new mod!

Back