SLEEPERBUSA's 8 second heavy hitter, all motor, streetbike.

SLEEPERBUSA

Registered
Well, I did it this weekend.
The bike is an 08 with 1441cc, Carpenter head, Web cams, TiForce street header, Velocity arm that's almost 6" over, foot shifting, all motor, stock gears. I am 255 pounds suited!!!
I made it to Evadale for a few test hits on Saturday. I was nervous and was trying to hard. I kept messing up the take off. Here's a 9.06 and a 9.03 hit. My 2 best that day.

606 Chris Drag Racing - YouTube[/url]

611 Chris Drag Racing - YouTube[/url]

002_zps76bcd045.jpg

541003_4959793166882_2133176909_n_zps9380ce1b.jpg

903at157mph_zps03e51e65.jpg

So, I was trying to hard and messing it all up.
I went home and slept on it.
Then Sunday I found out that Royal Purple Raceway was having a big bracket race, so I hauled ass over to Baytown and paid $50 for 2 passes.
Again, I was trying to hard. The first launch sucked big time, and I still went a 9.11, so I went back, took a breath and calmed down.
Rolled up there and as soon as I was off the clutch, I started laughing. I KNEW that this was the pass . I am happy. It only took me 7 passes to get it in the 8s, but since I hauled ass before I could get a passenger, I have NO VIDEO!!.
But I DO have THIS!!! :laugh:

8985at1562_zps76eb26d2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys...
The screws in the fairings are because I think the GENII body sucks to take apart, so I cut the tits off of the back of the fairing and epoxied well nuts to the uppers. The screws sandwish all 3 pieces of bodt together. I have friends that have lost the front section of the sides when the wind got behind it and ripped it right off.

Thanks guys...
The screws in the fairings are because I think the GENII body sucks to take apart, so I cut the tits off of the back of the fairing and epoxied well nuts to the uppers. The screws sandwish all 3 pieces of bodt together. I have friends that have lost the front section of the sides when the wind got behind it and ripped it right off.

Cool, I have to agree with ya on that, was wondering if you made it or aftermarket fairing. Looks good and good job on getting into the 8s not being a featherweight

Shorten that thing back near stock and load up for The Mile next month:thumbsup:

Great job.

That is so awesome!!! I love watching the 1/4 mile races! What a rush it must be!

Congrats! :bowdown:

I'm betting there are several turbo busa's on this site that'll never see 8 sec 1/4 times! :bowdown:

Back