SLANG

rocket1

Donating Member
Registered
EDUCATION NEEDED. I'M SEEING TERMS I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH SINCE I'M A NEW MEMBER. TERMS LIKE "SQUID" AND "CHICKEN STRIPS". HOW ABOUT AN EXPLANATION ON THESE AND ANY OTHER SLANG TERMS I'M TOO OLD (50) TO PICK UP ON? THANKS
withstupid.gif
40__s.gif

I'll let somebody else handle the "squid" word.. Hopefully somebody remembers that website for "How to know if your a squid".

Chicken strips is pretty easy. It's the part of the tire that never gets used on some peoples bikes. normally a 1/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch strip of brownish, or shiny rubber on the outer edges of the tire. This "strip" of of unused rubber never touched the pavement because the rider is "chicken" to lean their bike over that far thru a turn. Thus.. "chicken strips"

Usually if you read into the post you can determine what is being discussed...There are however somethings that you will never know...That's when you call for
1zhelp.gif

A squid is someone who thinks its cool to show off in front of a bunch of people his or her bad azz skilz. Usually they be chillin' with fuzzy seats, mac daddy bell bottoms, no helmets, and very little common sense. You can tell they are squids also by the massive damage to the bodywork on the bike, repairs from zip-ties, and removal of the windscreen. They wouldn't be squids if they were doin' what they are doin' in a private place and not screaming for attention/trying to show off. They are trying to live the life of a stunt bike video. When the next fad comes along, they will drop the bike and go there - The fast & the furious took many to sport-mini land, but the new biker boyz movie will bring 'em back. They are the cause for bike nights to be shut down. They are scum, lower than vermin.

But they make cool videos, and yeah, I wish I could do that. But momma didn't buy my bike, and she ain't gonna fix it when its broken. And I ain't filin' an insurance claim after I do something that dumb.

Gar (remember, there's a little bit of squid in all of us)
face7.gif

Go ahead "Gar" do that damn thang...

As usual "Cache" is on the benjamins...

"STUNNAH" is cool wit dat...

....And I ain't filin' an insurance claim after I do something that dumb....
Oooh, oooh, rant of the day. This happened last year to a local guy I don't know. Brand new 1000, got knocked over during Christmas when he was away, so the insurance paid $3000 to get it fixed. He gets it back, and a day or two later he completely totals it doing a wheelie in a Starbucks parking lot! And another bike thanks to insurance money. WTF?!? That should have been considered fraud.
AAAssjani.gif
mad.gif

Some people judge a rider's skills by their chicken strips.  It's crap... I think most of us here who have shown our strips, just want to see how they are doing as far as thier own abilities. Just my 2 cents.

I have to admit I am guilty of judging the chicken strips (aka p*$$y shine). I usually reserve the judgement for SQUIDS who come up to the mountains and talk "the talk". It's surprising how many people are "backin' it in" to corners and regularly recover a sliding front end.... yet can maintain at least 3/4" of virgin rubber on both sides of both tires.

They also tend to talk about how heavy and ill handling the Busa is.... and it fills my heart with joy as I come around them and leave them behind......

I have to quit talking about this.... I'm starting to really miss riding up in the mountains.......
tounge.gif

I was so excited when I picked up my baby this summer that I couldn't wait one more day for good weather so I rode it home in drizzle. I washed her the next day and put Armor All on the sidewalls (I do NOT recommend this!) Of course I got some sprayed onto the tread creating an interesting situation in the turns. I read about some other dopes who did the same thing and took an abrasive wheel to the tires. I figured the road was abrasive enough and wiped off what I could and vowed to take it easy heeling over until I'd worn off the slickness. Three months later I know exactly how chicken I am- I still have 3/4" of shiny stuff on each tire edge. My "chicken strips" got a little deeper yesterday after I discovered right in my driveway that the Busa does FANTASTIC burn outs! I tell ya I'm like a big dumb kid all over again since I got this machine.

Some people judge a rider's skills by their chicken strips.  It's crap... I think most of us here who have shown our strips, just want to see how they are doing as far as thier own abilities. Just my 2 cents.
To add to your post owen,
I never knew how well I did compared to other riders. Always thought I was a wussy in the twisties... until I was able to compare my strips to other, more experienced riders. To my amazement, I'm doing better than I thought.

Funny, But the only Busa I've seen at the shop with no chicken strips are the ones that come in on the back of a wrecker.
wow.gif

For those that are curious, I've got approx .25" on either side of a Metzler Spoertec M-1 190 series. Gotta love them tires!
fireskull.gif

haha, I never even knew what a chicken strip was until I started posting on this board frequently.. haha 4 streetbikes..and I have no idea if the other 3 had any stripes on them or not. ..

as far as catching a bike when the front washes out... not me..  unless the good lord is smiling down upon me.. I would go down 90% of the time if the front washes.  I still remember slamming shoulder first into the dirt/mud on my kdx200 twice in the same day due to front end wash.

I've had the rear step out several times.. mainly due to over throttling out of the turns.  Luckily... it's never went tank slappin' on me.

Yeah Ego it is hard not to look at other's strips, and judge them. I'd rather ride with someone and see how we do together, can we keep up with each other?

I've had the front end "drift" a little a couple of times, my front was too stiff, and I've had the back come out a little, too much rear brake in a sharp left at the Rock Store.
Don't tell anybody...I don't use the back brake anymore except when at a stoplight.

Yeah Ego it is hard not to look at other's strips, and judge them.  I'd rather ride with someone and see how we do together, can we keep up with each other?
Yep exactly... If I can keep up.. they are going fast enough.. if I can't... they are riding insanely.. haha!

I do find myself lookin for strips at "gatherin" spots. Just be standing around talking, looking at other peoples bikes/mods... I will end up looking and not even realize it now that I have something to look for.

Time to find another insurance co.  I pay $500 a year.
Since I am a former Wisconsinite, I can say this.; Insurnace is cheaper in Plymouth WI. I felt I was being raped when I moved East years ago. hey and that is a god thing for you, let's hope they keep it down.
biggrin.gif

Back