Slackers!!

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
ABC news says we spend 1/4 of our work time slacking off..

good thing they didn't survey any of us!
laugh.gif

slackers

<!--EDIT|LadyHawk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156526945 -->

I would rather refer to it as multi-tasking...

There, I feel better...

I would rather be on the Hayabusa site thinking about work, than working thinking about the being on the Hayabusa site.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

500 billion lost? HELLO AMERICA! GET A CLUE BY FOUR!

As tech professional I keep up on some of this, and I have told my boss we should "correct" internet use a bit. I surf here on my BREAKS only, because I have to lead by example. Still I see everyone in the company checking personal email and surfing non business sites all the time. People won't think much about it now, but it is affecting everyone's bottom line to the point of outsourcing to India to achieve better productivity..... at the price of american jobs.

So, keep it up America! McDs will always need cashiers

I think my contract say's 40 MINUTE work week, Not 40 hours!!!!! i'm 48 yrs old, time to SLACK-ON!!! Actually I do what needs done, when it needs done! the rest of the time is for SHOPPING aftermarket and Mods!!!!

<!--EDIT|Director
Reason for Edit: "grammar and spelling"|1156565233 -->

I think my contract say's 40 MINUTE work week, Not 40 hours!!!!!  i'm 48 yrs old, time to SLACK-ON!!!  Actually I do what needs done, when it needs done!  the rest of the time is for SHOPPING aftermarket and Mods!!!!
Ain't it great to be 48 and riding a Busa??? Am 48 as well. I love the looks I get when I park and pull the helmet off!

That is why I have dual monitors. One for slackage and one for internet use. I mean one for work and one for slackage hah.

Yeah shanling, I'm 51 and slick headed. I get those looks too. Right now I'm doing the work of two and a half people trying to keep up with work from folks they've not replaced. One of the ladies in my department is catching part of one job, so I say 2 1/2. I get very little down time at work unless I'm relieving on night shift. I don't go outside with much internet usage, but so far they've not blocked this board. That's one of the few things I get to check out during lunch and breaks.

Dan

Productivity per person is FAR greater nowadays with computers and WITH slacking than we were 10 years ago. 500 billion? HA! Without computers to work with, the 500 billion would be a drop in the bucket compared to how little productivity we would have.

I'm not paid by the hour, I'm paid by the job. If I get the job done in 20 minutes and slack for the rest of the day, who cares? There are days like that. Others where I'm blasting away at the job without stop for 10 or 12 hours.

If I were paid hourly or something like that, it'd be a different story.

--Wag--

I think my contract say's 40 MINUTE work week, Not 40 hours!!!!!  i'm 48 yrs old, time to SLACK-ON!!!  Actually I do what needs done, when it needs done!  the rest of the time is for SHOPPING aftermarket and Mods!!!!
Ain't it great to be 48 and riding a Busa??? Am 48 as well. I love the looks I get when I park and pull the helmet off!
We definitely get some sideways looks, Just have to be VERY QUICK in getting the helmet off when we get pulled over by Police Officers younger than our Children, have been shown Some Grace in the past, when they see the White hairs, and realize YOU are not some 20 year old terrorizing the streets.  AGE should have SOME privileges, Grace on citations as well as some well deserved SLACK TIME!!!!

<!--EDIT|Director
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156720529 -->

Back