Skateboarder killed by biker

turbojonn

Registered
A biker lost control, left the road then hit and killed a skateboarder who was riding in a bicycle/pedestrian walkway. It happeded at last night at Alki Beach in Seattle. I was just there last weekend on a ride with boardmember JoeDillo. The area has two speed zones. One is 35 mph, the other is 25 mph. Most of the Beach is 25 mph. How does one lose control and leave the road when going 25 mph?! It was hard to tell just what kind of bike it was from the grainy and dark pictures, but it was a sport bike for sure. I wonder if the rider was a complete squid, or just a guy who made one bad decision that cost him his life and took the life of another.
Maybe it's that life has become more precious to me as I age, I don't know, this sort of thing didn't bouther me much when I was 20. Maybe it's having a family that I love, protect and provide for. Maybe it's me thinking that as I post this there is a good chance that someone on this board won't be here to read after they make a similar decision this riding season. I don't mean to sound like church chat lady (Dana Carvey from SNL back in the 80's) but I've goota' say it...be careful, keep your thoughts straight when you ride and don't be a squid. Eat your vegetables and always wear clean underwear too. And would it really kill you to you to write to your Grandmother more often. O.K., that's my piece, that's all I've got to say about that.

They both died
sad.gif

News story

Everyone gets the urge to twist the throttle now and then, and if you do, please save it for the track. If you have to, find a limited-access highway, like PA's turnpike. I pity both of them, and feel sorry for their families.

<!--EDIT|05 Busa LE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146255333 -->

Eat your vegetables and always wear clean underwear too. And would it really kill you to you to write to your Grandmother more often.
Never take candy from strangers, but be kind to them. Always say please and thank you; they are the magic words. Never ever shake a baby. And always keep both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road; unless you're a one-handed cyclopse.

I had just left the area where it happened by just minutes, and there is always some dumb-ass who feels the need to exceed the speed limit around that curve.
I heard thru the grapevine that there will be increased patrols in and around the beach to prevent this from happening again...... DAMN SQUIDS

P.S. Both the rider and the skateboarder has died...

<!--EDIT|321CYA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146341165 -->

my son is a skateboarder...rip to that young man's family...and a friend of ours lost his freind from a head on with a van and after 2 weeks he succumed to the injurys thursday..(she pulled out in front of him and was also on the cell phone.) he was a motorcycle mechanic for 30 years and an expert rider. rip to him also

Back