Size Matters? Ballistic Batteries

Runner44

Registered
Time to replace my main battery and secondary. Have a 1397 engine and 24 volt startup harness (thanks to 2fast4u2c) so the bike always starts. Purchased the Ballistic batteries late fall and have no riding time with them yet. Have started up the bike several times without issues. The picture of the single battery is the secondary battery for the TBB-1324 system. Do not have a stock battery anymore but you could add 8# for the main battery and 5 1/2# for the secondary. Total of 13 1/2# verses 3 1/2# for the Ballistic. I will update how the batteries perform when my riding season returns.
Please dont make fun of my "official scale". Been in the family for 65 years and is dead on accurate! Enjoy!!!

006.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

I've been using a 12 cell Ballistic battery for some time now. Best battery I've ever used. Best of all, you don't have to put it on a battery tender if you don't ride for a few weeks. They are worth every penny.

Wow a 10lb difference is alot! and considering the money people spend just to cut a few pounds i'd say that is well worth the $$$

I have a ballistic battery in my gen 2, the box that the battery comes in has a sturdy rectangle foam insert that the battery sits in which is about 3 inches thick all the way around....I shimmed it down to size so it would fit snug in the old batteries location...fits perfect and doesn't move at all! I love these batteries! :thumbsup:

Yeah I've got 1 on my short list of things to get. The weight reduction and cranking power of them are well worth the $$$ :thumbsup:

I have a 1397 also but have the Shorai battery . I am getting a secondary due to the slow starts . Mine is 2 years old and still going good .

I have a 1397 also but have the Shorai battery . I am getting a secondary due to the slow starts . Mine is 2 years old and still going good .

After you hook up a 24 Volt start up harness, your bike spins up like a 600. This video is exactly what it sounds like at startup.
Turbo on 24 volt starter - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some harness or something needed for the 24v system?

I bought my harness from Schmitz a few years back. Works great and only 24v when starting but charges both batteries at the same time. I'm not as mechanically inclined as you though. But I have heard people put their own together before.

Ballistic EVO2 batteries only lose 10% of their charge per year if the battery isn't being used. I've had my busa sit for over a month at times without a battery tender and it fires right up.

I'm running Shorai, I'm looking into getting a second, what size do I need to get to run a 24V system? Doesn't have to be the same as the primary does it?

Back