SixGap North Georgia

Thinking of hitting this route for my next adventure, any opinions on the area and roads?
Anyone also interested in doing a 2 day trip?

Six Gap North Georgia

SixGap_2011.jpg

Blood mtn is pretty good but popular, like the Dragon is, pretty crowded at times. Hwy 180 is a neat ride but don't look down. Also look at a real map, there's a park about half way that has a 90* turn right at it's entrance. Study where it is and watch out for it. Otherwise they're all good roads without unmanageable surprises. Be sure to support Riders Hill while you're there.

Have fun and be safe! When are you thinking about going?

When are you thinking of taking this trip, Donn??

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

all roads are great in n. ga.--pay attention to road signs for direction and speed--watch for dogs and gravel--don't be a wise guy trying to pass locals--they know the curves better than you-- i love n.ga.---

Wolf Penn Gap is a nice road without much traffic, but watch for gravel, wet places from runoff and bicyclist. Go to Riders Hill and talk to some of the locals there, They will give you the low down on what roads are good at that time to ride. Some have severe tar snakes as well as sand and suck to ride if there has been any rain in the past few days. Blood mountain is fun, but can get very crowded and have to watch for cops. Richard Russell scenic highway is very nice as well.

There are tons of good back roads and great riding in that area.

I've been on several of those roads and they were pretty good. I've always run Blood Mtn. during the week so traffic wasn't a problem. That is one of my favorite roads:thumbsup:

Donn, let me know when you are planning the trip, if I can I may ride one day with you, maybe I can get some of the others I ride with to go to. All great roads, like others have said, blood men, great, but cops sometimes, hit or miss, Richard Russel, fun fun fun, but watch out for bikes and tourist. Make sure you ride hwy 60 all the way up to morgington, great all the way up. :)

Now if you're not hooked on hitting those roads and like fried apple pie I'll take you on some little known roads north of the area. As already stated, take 60 on past Suches. Very little traffic and great riding.

Sand, gravel, water run offs, traffic, tourists Ohhh boy ohh boy just adds to the excitement and challenges of street riding. All great information on this area of Georgia. I like to ride at a good pace nothing crazy but not cruising along hardley/cruiser speeds. Depending on the congestion, road condition, driveways, and other high risk surprises that can occur.

Back