Six Day Forecast Is 73-78 And Sunny

Love that CBX. The deep red twin shock model is on my Lotto win / dream list. Bloody gorgeous bike mate.

Thanks T it's a lot of fun. Had it 17 years now. 37 years old and just passing 63,000 miles. Head's never been off, all original motor. Runs high 11s in the quarter still and I've ridden it to Montana and back. Good luck on your lottery win.

image.jpeg
I have a GSX1100ET (1980) thats only a fraction younger.
Go's OK too. Love the big old brutes. Classic Muscle.

There was an 82 GS1100E? up at Alice's today too. Looked great! I shoulda taken a better pic.

Autumn starts on Tuesday. Was a little cooler today.
Went out at 6.30am for a quick 232K (145 mile) lap.
Home for breakfast before 10am. Looking forward to some cooler days.

A bit cloudy today and temps were down to 34 C (93 degrees F)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, (down) to 93? Too hot for me. I crossed Nevada and most of Utah on a day hotter than that once. Luckily I was on the Busa and doing a buck forty most of the way...No shade except for the occasional overpass. I need trees and more trees, green everywhere is my preference.

We get some big tree's but I'd guess nothing like the huge ones I've seen in the US on TV.

Some the ones around here are a little different.

Moreton Bay Fig....

image.jpg

One of the rides I do go's through a wooded section with a narrow road. It's always interesting to see who pins it open and who backs off... LOL

image.jpg

I see lots of the US guys posting about distance and high speeds. It's very impressive, but we are lucky enough to have some very entertaining roads around here so most guys stay away from the highway and don't get real excited about maximum velocity.

More my sort of road.

image.jpg

Never been to the US, but my 18 year old step son has been twice. Just got back from going to watch the Lakers. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you guys one day.

With a bit of different greenery that corner is very much like the horseshoe corner at the IOM, a very tight uphill left hander. The long straight stretches I'm ever on are just to get me to the tree lined two lanes ASAP. I have a spare bike anytime you can make it over here. A ride up the north coast and into the giant redwood country will make you want to stay.

I used to live in the UK.

I looked at a few country's, Spain, Corfu (Greece) France, almost moved to Cyprus, I had work there. I decided when I got to 40 I'd had all the winters I'd ever need to see.

My first rule of where to live is: Must never drop below freezing!

Haven't been back to this thread for a while, thanks for the directions!! Sounds like there are several options, might have to take more than one trip. :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

Take 46 from Paso to 1 just south of Cambria. Heading north the road gets real good just past Ragged Point and stays good until Carmel. My loop yesterday was 359 miles from San Jose to Carmel south thru Big Sur and Lucia to 46 south of Cambria then east to 101 then north to 198 towards Coalinga east but at 25 I then headed north to Hollister (very good road for bikes and fast cars) and then back on 101 north to San Jose. A shorter loop but very very curvy is the road across the mountain range just south of Lucia, Nacimiento Ferguson Rd. It connects at Jolon Rd. and Ft. Hunter Liggett which leads you back to 101, or you can head north from Paso on 101 and start west near King City on Jolon Rd to the Fort and west up and over the mountains to 1. Then back south on 1 to 46 and home to Paso.

Down to 30 degrees C (86-F) again today.
Still warm but a few clouds about.

Bit of work, bit of play, avoided parking near the giant poopy bird...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back