Sitting under an overpass - truck broke down

So it popped and loss power, but continued to run? If so, a coil pack would be a good guess, or it spit a sparkplug, 4.6/5.4 were bad for that. Spit plug is a cheaper fix.
Anyone you know have an OBD2/3 scan tool? You can pull the code and call the Ford dealer parts counter. They can tell you what the code is, it would save you some cash. Good luck, and post up if you need more help.

Sorry to hear about this, Shawn. Good luck getting things back on the road ASAP.

Shawn - let me know if you need help getting back. I can pick up a tow dolly if needed..

Sorry to hear about it, let us know how we can help!

Sorry to hear, but at least you can relax a bit tonite.
We still have 600 miles to the Grumpy's, and then an other hour from there to home!

Last edited:
Shawn I did a google search and found your problem.........

jk

more like...

ford fail.jpg

:hide::laugh:

ford fail.jpg

Finally! Back on the road... More when I get home:)

Awesome drive safe.

BTW first thing john did when we arrived at my house was grab my creeper "good solid frame" lmao uhh ohh

DROID mobile -Grumpy via Tapatalk

glad to hear you are rolling again, hope you make it home without any more issues!! :beerchug:

Had to pull over for some sleep within 100 miles of home... but I am back, in time to shower and head to work! :)
Roach Motel in Winston-Salem = $60
Parts Labor, etc for truck = $450
People's reaction to me walking around the mall in a bad mood wearing my Grumpy's Diner t-shirt = PRICELESS!

I had a wonderful time and my adventure didn't end when I left Robbinsville! I can hardly wait for spring!

Thanks to everyone for the email, texts, PMs and calls - you guys are the best!

Shawn

glad you made it home brother! see you in the Spring if not sooner :beerchug:

Back