Site Geoblocked?

Crow

Registered
Ello

Anyone know if this site is now geoblocked from the U.K.?

Not been able to visit Hayabusa.org for some months whilst routing from the U.K.

Routing from U.K. via a US based VPN works fine from the same device.

You may want to confirm with the Captain for certain , but we mentioned this yesterday about not hearing from UK Orgster , BigDev (supercharged build ) .
The UK , if currently still a part of EU , well then this would be why .

I have not been able to access hayabusa.org for weeks, from multiple addresses, multiple devices across the uk. Essentially a 404. Had a few mates in the U.K. try, same thing.

Can get here using a US based VPN. Tell you what, I'll test from all over the world. BRB.

Can't seem to get here from Germany or UK. Tried from China and Japan, no luck, but may have been my connection.

Pretty sure that UK and Germany are blocked.

GDPR?

Not exactly complicated, it just means we can’t be spammed as much any more and, if we request that someone deletes our personal data, that person is not allowed to sell it to the Russian mafia first.

Yeah man, sucks. I have been asked to accept EU regs to register for a site in the last week and I clicked NO. If I don't know what I'm doing, I don't do it. All I know is nobody here in the US thinks the EU internet requirements are a good thing so I'm steering clear of it. I'd hate to block myself from the internet access I value most.

GDPR?

Not exactly complicated, it just means we can’t be spammed as much any more and, if we request that someone deletes our personal data, that person is not allowed to sell it to the Russian mafia first.

This is the understatement of the week... read the rest of the GDPR like article 13 and let me know how easy it is...

It’s easy. I work in IT Sec and we had to sit the entire course, took us 20 mins.

Between the legalese is a pretty simple concept: you make best efforts to store all personal data securely and you remember that the service user owns their personal data, not the service provider.

That’s reallt pretty much all there is to it. Put up a cookie warning and manage members’ personal data properly and the job’s a carrot.

It’s easy. I work in IT Sec and we had to sit the entire course, took us 20 mins.

Between the legalese is a pretty simple concept: you make best efforts to store all personal data securely and you remember that the service user owns their personal data, not the service provider.

That’s reallt pretty much all there is to it. Put up a cookie warning and manage members’ personal data properly and the job’s a carrot.

You obviously have no idea what all of the articles are about... So easy indeed, in fact Facebook and Google were sued on day one after 2 years of prep.

“...in fact Facebook and Google were sued on day one after 2 years of prep.”

And does that come as any surprise at all to anyone? FB and Google basically do what the hell they want and pay a few quid afterwards.

I visit many US sites, they have all managed to conform just fine, even small ones.

That’s no judgement, what you do is entirely your decision.

Back