Single topic debate #4

Projekt

Registered
Okay time to get away from evo vs creation.
We are talking bowtie vs blue oval, GM vs Ford, LS7 Vs Blown Modular.
Which is better?
The Z06 at approximately less than half price of the GT performs as well as or better than the Ford.
So the Vette gets my vote. Sure the GT looks cool but man that Z06 it'll run...

If you pulled up to your favorite hangout Saturday nite in either car, which would get the most attention?
The GT would be like riding up on your Busa and parking near several "other" sportbikes, which would get the most attention?
It's a matter of what you want the car for...
I would probably take the Vette though, If something went wrong, the Vette would be easier to repair/maintain...

David

given the choice to own, the Ford GT, but economically the vette(s) would be the way to go. You get two for one GT, but the GT is the cat's meow, so to speak.

the GT is the only thing from ford that comes close competing with the Vette, and look how much was spent to make it!!! Ford just sucks, the Bowtie is the BOSS!!!

Vette for me
wink.gif
cool.gif

Ford GT just looks the part. But reliability is questionable...so is the depreciation.

I want a Corvette!!

You have to wonder don't you. That is, about how Ford ever came into the ownership of such a legendary car in the first place. Back in the sixties Ford was trying it's best to takeover Ferrari. It wanted a prestige/exotic marque that would be the envy of all other automotive manufacturers. Ferrari did not give in and sell, they just stuck it to Edsel that way...
Fast forward, the original design of the GT-40 was made in, correct me if I'm wrong, an English coachbuilder racing engineering firm's workshop. Then it was pitched to the highest bidder that just happened to be FOMOCO...
It wasn't Ford engineers that conceived and birthed the first car. It was a bunch of enthusiast engineers and craftsmen that shaped the metal on an english wheel.
Thus, I do not recognize the GT-40 or for that matter the Ford GT as a genuine engineering exercise of the Ford motor company. Sure, it whipped everybody's ass at LeMans for a few years but in fact it was not a true Ford. Same goes for the Shelby Cobra coupe. Another Debate for that one though.

A Ford GT would be the cooler ride to have...just because.  But I would buy his and hers/his vettes first.

I would really like a COPO Big Block Camaro
drooling3.gif

<!--EDIT|BlueHaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156346769 -->

My issue with this is "Favorites". People tend to believe they HAVE to pick a FAVORITE ONE or BEST one thing. My argument states that variety IS allowed and DOES create more spice in life. Which one is better? They are different, unique and equaly important. The looks of one to someone can override the performance of the other and vice versa.

So... I guess where I'm going in the end is... I'll take BOTH! or either one is okay

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156347836 -->

poo on BOTH those cars! gimma a 300C!

4-doors (so I can carry MULTIPLE models with me-not just one!)
400+ hp (if you go for the SRT)
add a lil spice with some window tint, grill, n some new 22's, and you'll get WAAAAAY more attention at the clubs when you roll up, AND when you peel out! (with 4 girls in tow
wink.gif
)

I just like the look of the Vette better. I'm biased though; I've wanted a Vette since I was 10 years old.

--Wag--

poo on BOTH those cars! gimma a 300C!

4-doors (so I can carry MULTIPLE models with me-not just one!)
400+ hp (if you go for the SRT)
add a lil spice with some window tint, grill, n some new 22's, and you'll get WAAAAAY more attention at the clubs when you roll up, AND when you peel out! (with 4 girls in tow
wink.gif
)
You too? ? ? Man, I do that all the time. It ROCKS

Had to jump in on this. I love both cars but someone has brought the GT-40 into the debate. I have driven one and would take the GT-40 over the Vette any day. See attached! The current model is actually a GT-45. The numbers represent how many inches the top of the car is from the ground. Getting in/out of the GT-40 was quite a challange but once you were in, it was awesome to drive. The one in the picture is for sale in Indianapolis and was driven by Ernhardt, Jr in the Sheryl Crowe video "McQueen". Now I would take the Vette over the new GT-45 though.

GT_40.jpg

A Ford GT would be the cooler ride to have...just because.  But I would buy his and hers/his vettes first.

I would really like a COPO Big Block Camaro  
drooling3.gif
Yeah you could almost get the vette and the COPO for the price of the GT. I,m with ya on the COPO! The vette is prettier than that ford anyhow.
i wanna know where you are buying a copo camaro for less money than a new mustang shelby at because last time i looked the shelby was only going to run in the 45000 range and a copo will bring in excess of 80000-100000

Okay time to get away from evo vs creation.
We are talking bowtie vs blue oval, GM vs Ford, LS7 Vs Blown Modular.
Which is better?
The Z06 at approximately less than half price of the GT performs as well as or better than the Ford.
So the Vette gets my vote. Sure the GT looks cool but man that Z06 it'll run...
a z06 corvette in 06 is between 65000 and 85000, the new shelby is only around 45000 on the high end, just a realistic prices for you

We are talking about the FORD GT not the Shelby GT. You know the second generation of the famous GT-40. It costs about $150,000 if you can find one....

Back