Single Topic Debate #16

(BigDawg_03Busa @ Oct. 10 2006,19:16)
(paineless4u @ Oct. 10 2006,13:00) used to be Catholic, then I read the Bible.

It is basically a system of good works will buy you into heaven.
Most religion today base their faith on good works. If I do this, or,,, if I don't do that.

The bible simply says salvation is by Gods grace,,,,, its a gift,,, it can't be earned.

Jesus died on a cross as a gift to us.
Thank God for that gift because I was wide open on a turbo Busa to hell.
wow.gif
laugh.gif
  Amen my brother, the same goes for jehovah witness and mormonism.  ...the FREE gift of God is eternal life.   It can't be earned, we have to trust in Jesus for our salvation!!!
see thats were I differ from most I think it has to be earned, fair is fair, and even heaven above has its laws, if you do not walk the right line of life you will not have a chance. Most of the ppl who know me have nothing but the highest regard for me in their religions I'm a shoe in, while me (while really not in any religion), because I am a sinner, drink, fornicate, cussing, etc I know exactly what is to happen with me,

Like I said b4 I do believe in god, but why should I waste his time when I am not ready to be the perfect person, that would be wrong of me!

does anyone remember the scripture when talking of jesus when god said He loved mankind so much he gave his only begotten son in order that we would have a CHANCE at everlasting life,

If it was a gift and we are going nomatter what, why was It a CHANCE?

it is a gift if we accept it and take jesus into our hearts. so i would guess that is the chance everone takes. to accept the gift or not.

(onerabidshark @ Oct. 10 2006,14:05) see thats were I differ from most   I think it has to be earned,              fair is fair, and even heaven above has its laws,  if you do not walk the right line of life you will not have a chance.  Most of the ppl who know me have nothing but the highest regard for me  in their religions I'm a shoe in, while me (while really not in any religion), because I am a sinner, drink, fornicate, cussing, etc  I know exactly what is to happen with me,  

Like I said b4 I do believe in god,  but why should I waste his time when I am not ready to be the perfect  person,  that would be wrong of me!
No where near biblical.
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by Grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of GOD: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This means that you don't get to heaven by good works but by the Faith that he came for the forgiveness of sins.

Remember Christians are not perfect,
we are only forgiven.

1John1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

(onerabidshark @ Oct. 10 2006,14:07) does anyone remember the scripture when talking of jesus when god said He loved mankind so much he gave his only begotten son in order that we would have a CHANCE at everlasting life,

If it was a gift and we are going nomatter what, why was It a CHANCE?
I think that is John 3:16.

John 3:16 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

(onerabidshark @ Oct. 10 2006,14:07) does anyone remember the scripture  when talking of jesus  when god said He loved mankind so much he gave his only begotten son in order that we would have a CHANCE at everlasting life,

If it was a gift and we are going nomatter what,  why was It a CHANCE?
This appears to be a Mis-Qoute of the scriptures. There was no wording of chance in John 3:16
<span style='color:red'>John 3:16</span> For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotton Son, That whosoever beleive in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Concentrate on what is being said. Beleive in him & the Gift is yours freely.

<span style='color:red'>John 3:18</span> He that believeth on him is not condemed, But he that believeth not is already condemed.

When we read the rest of the scriptures it explains itself even more thoughly. Many will take the bible out of text because they focus on a part of the text rather than the whole text.

I give my wife (good-natured) shiddd about what I call the hoodoo-voodoo aspects of catholicism since she was raised catholic, but I myself was rasied what I call catholic-light (lutheran). I'm more down with the one-on-one thing myself. I don't need some robed, incense-burning dude as my "medium" IMHO...

(Wire Dawg @ Oct. 10 2006,22:23) I give my wife (good-natured) shiddd about what I call the hoodoo-voodoo aspects of catholicism since she was raised catholic, but I myself was rasied what I call catholic-light (lutheran).  I'm more down with the one-on-one thing myself.  I don't need some robed, incense-burning dude as my "medium" IMHO...
Funny, I like the way you put that...
HooDoo VooDoo
and Lutherans as Catholic-Light...
Hahahaha..

catholic as well....done the altar-boy thing (got out un-molested)....
wink.gif

tossed it to the wind....I find more peace in my own ways and what I feel is a mutual agreement between my maker and myself.

just be the best man/woman you can and live up to your word...it's all we really have.

I too oppose the organized structure of it all, but I do favor having young persons at least exposed to it...as well any other faith they may find interesting.

if someone needs a higher-being and the 'word of god' to guide you and give their life meaning...so be it..and god bless you...but don't push it on me or tell me how wrong I am because my choices do not fit "your" way.

the dice are rolled...let them lay.

I remember being very young maybe under 4 years old and mom sent me off with the priest. He did something I wasn't comfortable with... Don't recall what exactly maybe just checked my package. It has been in the back of my mind for some time. I could just be imagining it though. You never know at that age...

thanx for the correct wording, its been along time since I have done anything concerning anything religous beside like this kind of debate, I used to know alot, but being forced to do, and looked down upon be the holyier than thou SOB, really turned me off.

I guess we will all see eventually what is the right and wrong way huh?

I guess the big deception is that you have to do good things and be a good person to gain "favor" with God.

Think of all those folks who were into murder and witchcraft, God gave them the same gift, in fact some of them became his deciples.

If I remember right Paul headed to Demascus and was out to kill Jesus, later was saved; turns out he wrote most of the New Testement.

(onerabidshark @ Oct. 11 2006,07:11) thanx for the correct wording,  its been along time since I have done anything concerning anything religous beside like this kind of debate,  I used to know alot, but being forced to do, and looked down upon be the holyier than thou  SOB, really turned me off.  

I guess we will all see eventually what is the right and wrong way huh?
I was not meaning to be disrespectful by anymeans, I apoligise if it was perceived that way. It was just for clarification only. Trust me I need correcting all the time.
Peace.

Back