Single Topic Debate #15

Projekt

Registered
Okay,
Based on the post about Caifornia Cagers in general bike related topics, I thought that we can discuss the need for reform of traffic discipline.
I am talking about the need for the CHP and other highway police forces to cite people in the left lane that are blatantly ignoring road discipline.
There should be a public awareness campaign to educate the public of the need to follow standard logical lane discipline.
This should be as serious as the so-called road rage reporting awareness campaigns...
All of us could be free to blaze the fast lane without much impedance due to slow cagers.

Thats a nice thought, but...
Some people are pissed that you have a faster more manuverable vehicle and will do anything to disrupt your day...
Just out of spite...

David

(Devious @ Sep. 12 2006,14:45) Thats a nice thought, but...
Some people are pissed that you have a faster more manuverable vehicle and will do anything to disrupt your day...
Just out of spite...

David
Agreed.

Similar example that happened to me (cliff notes version):

[*]Big snow storm.
[*]Everyone leaves work at noon.
[*]Commute home at noon is filled w/ falling snow.
[*]Snow on the ground so thick that a 8 lane highway (4 each direction) has been reduced to 6 lanes.
[*]I own an all wheel drive vehicle in preparation for such situations.
[*]I make my own lane in the far right where no one is and drive at my own pace.
[*]Non all wheel drive vehicle owners are pissed and try to jump in front of me to make me get in line like the rest of the cattle.
[*]I pull further to the right where the snow is even deeper.
[*]They get stuck.
[*]While laughing I pull around them and continue my commute as they blow their horn and motion hand gestures that I'm #1.

So the "slower traffic keep right" campaign won't work.

Should be in the driving handbook? Maybe it is I dont know. I believe alot of road rage would not happen if slower drivers would stay out of the left lane.

I am guilty of being a tailgator (inTruck) of slow drivers in the fast lane...even if they are going the speed limit.
rant.gif
guns.gif
zzwhip.gif

the autobahn is regulated that way, If your caught in the passing lane for any thing other than passing you get a fine and they say it is substancial wish we had an autobahn here

(spkerhed @ Sep. 12 2006,12:34) the autobahn is regulated that way, If your caught in the passing lane for any thing other than passing  you get a fine and they say it is substancial wish we had an autobahn here
EEGGGPHUGGINXACTLY!!!
It would work with the right push in the US as well.
Unfortunately, there are too many perpectives for why not to do it.
As I see it the law enforcement community would nix it because as they may see it, only they and emergency vehicles demand the right of way, and they get it. I know that all of you always yield to a cruiser behind you in the left lane.
I think that the CHP should do an undercover patrol riding rocket sleds and see who tries to pull CHP wannabe. How'd you love to see a guy on a black on black Busa wearing all Black leathers light up red and blues to anyone that fuggin gets in the way?
I would pay to see that.
All that needs to be done is a large enough body of riders going to Sacramento to start the movement. To demand "Road Reform for Riders".
I would be glad to lead the run on Sacramento.
As you all know everything happens first in California anyway so we may as well pop it off.

Just imagine this...
Soccer/Carpool mom is riding along and spots a rider on her left.. She cuts into the left lane causing emergency avoidance maneuvers to be performed by said Cycle Pilot. Then she sits there staring in the rearview to make him know she means business and slow down.. He opens the velcro panel on his Joe Rocket jacket that identifies him as CHP or Police. Then he hits the red and blue strobes conveniently hidden in his clear turn signals as well as blares the police siren under the front end to the left of the standard horn. She kraps her pants and starts crying to see if she can get off with a warning. He politely approaches the window and informs her that she is impeding traffic and causing a possible emergency situation by blocking the approaching motorcyclist. Then he issues her a summons to appear not a simple fine so that she has to see a judge at the courthouse instead of asking her mid-management hubby to write a check. Bring your lawyer beotch... I'll be there.

Just out of spite...

David
Remember the guy that bragged about doing that. There was a thread a couple months ago talking about it. He would intentionally pull out in front of bikers just to see if he could make them wreck. He needs to be burned
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(BiG-T @ Sep. 12 2006,11:58)
Just out of spite...

David
Agreed.

[*]Big snow storm.
[*]Snow on the ground so thick that a 8 lane highway (4 each direction) has been reduced to 6 lanes.
[*]I make my own lane in the far right where no one is and drive at my own pace.
[*]Non all wheel drive vehicle owners are pissed and try to jump in front of me to make me get in line like the rest of the cattle.
[*]They get stuck.
[*]While laughing I pull around them and continue my commute as they blow their horn and motion hand gestures that I'm #1.

What'd'ya got homie?
I am looking at a Discovery V8 Sei...
I want to go skiing alot here in Sarajevo this winter... That means an AWD and snow tires to climb the ruts and go around all of the guys in VW Golfs on the way up the mountain.

(Projekt @ Sep. 12 2006,16:42)
(BiG-T @ Sep. 12 2006,11:58)
Just out of spite...

David
Agreed.

[*]Big snow storm.
[*]They get stuck.

What'd'ya got homie?
I am looking at a Discovery V8 Sei...
I want to go skiing alot here in Sarajevo this winter... That means an AWD and snow tires to climb the ruts and go around all of the guys in VW Golfs on the way up the mountain.
Lexus RX300....nice and small to get in and out of those tight spots (like my garage), strong enough to pull an enclosed 3 bike trailer, and luxurious enough to feel like I'm in a sedan.

Back