Single topic debate #14

And I'm so curious to know how those that are against this type of science would feel if you knew your child could be saved by it? Would you pass it up?

Could you imagine 2 ,I say again...2 exact copies of this?

post_12_16852_post_6_91413_Barbie1.jpg

I just love the way some people say that it's " playing god ". Well have any of you ever been to a hospital and had anything medically done to you? If you look at stem cell or any other science research to be QUOTE "PLAYING GOD" then the next time you are sick or get injured in an accident tell the doctors or the ambulance you are refusing treatment because that would also be classified as " PLAYING GOD " and take your chances of " GOD " curing you or putting your arm,leg or finger back on you without stiches, antibiotics for infection,or a virus you might get. I think you might be screwed without medical advancment... I beleive in all medical advances..

(KRUZIN @ Sep. 07 2006,14:59) I just love the way some people say that it's " playing god ". Well have any of you ever been to a hospital and had anything medically done to you? If you look at stem cell or any other science research to be QUOTE "PLAYING GOD" then the next time you are sick or get injured in an accident tell the doctors or the ambulance you are refusing treatment because that would also be classified as " PLAYING GOD " and take your chances of " GOD " curing you or putting your arm,leg or finger back on you without stiches, antibiotics for infection,or a virus you might get. I think you might be screwed without medical advancment... I beleive in all medical advances..
And how is cloning anywhere near the same as getting injured?

God creates man
Man kills God
Man creates man
Man playing God

Cloning parts can greatly enhance the lives of those that have been injured...not sure that cloning an entire person could ever lead to anything good, but being able to have science clone parts could save lives...

(KRUZIN @ Sep. 07 2006,11:59) I just love the way some people say that it's " playing god ". Well have any of you ever been to a hospital and had anything medically done to you? If you look at stem cell or any other science research to be QUOTE "PLAYING GOD" then the next time you are sick or get injured in an accident tell the doctors or the ambulance you are refusing treatment because that would also be classified as " PLAYING GOD " and take your chances of " GOD " curing you or putting your arm,leg or finger back on you without stiches, antibiotics for infection,or a virus you might get. I think you might be screwed without medical advancment... I beleive in all medical advances..
There are poeple out there that belive this and DONT get medical help.

It's called intellegence. If "GOD" didn't want it to turn out like this, then "GOD" would'nt have gave us humans the knowlage to do so....Medical is medical it's what it is, and cloaning of body parts is a major break through in medical research. Take the pacemaker for example. scientist created it, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. that is what I would call artificial cloaning of a body part, never have and never will replace the real deal. Even with a donor of a exact match sometimes fails. So if they could in fact cloan your exact body part the chance of rejection would be "ZERO" Please don't take me the wrong way ,I am no means anti God, I just think he gave us this intellegence for a reason...

(VaBusa @ Sep. 07 2006,10:09)
(shortBoarder @ Sep. 07 2006,00:13) Cloning is a long long long way off despite what the news media likes to claim.

It's a very dangerous policy to restrict scientific research, both medically and economically.
It's not a long way off; Dolly was indeed real and cloning is completely possible, just perhaps not plausible given all the bad that can come from that type of medical technology...
To clarify, I'm referring to the successful cloning of a human being with the understanding that the clone not suffer from a shortened lifespan and any other complications (pre-existing genetic abnormalities excepted) endemic to the cloning of tissue.

Dolly (the sheep) died young, although it's not clear if that was due to a genetic anomaly or something else wholly unrelated to cloning. The human genome is considerably more complicated than any lab animal - and the absolute last thing that any scientist would want would be to attempt to clone a human and have that clone suffer and/or die prematurely due to faulty science. That alone would be both an epic ethical and scientific disaster.

(KRUZIN @ Sep. 07 2006,15:35) It's called intellegence. If "GOD" didn't want it to turn out like this, then "GOD" would'nt have gave us humans the knowlage to do so....Medical is medical it's what it is, and cloaning of body parts is a major break through in medical research. Take the pacemaker for example. scientist created it, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. that is what I would call artificial cloaning of a body part, never have and never will replace the real deal. Even with a donor of a exact match sometimes fails. So if they could in fact cloan your exact body part the chance of rejection would be "ZERO" Please don't take me the wrong way ,I am no means anti God, I just think he gave us this intellegence for a reason...
I completely agree with this. I am 100% against cloning humans. That will never change. Was against cloning body parts until reading your posts. Now I am somewhat nuetral.

Natural selection is there for a reason . And in the end who will it really benefit ? Only the ones that can afford it . So the rich live longer and get richer . If they made it accessable to everyone rich or poor then I'd say yes . But how much to harvest a new heart or a kidney ? probably more than the average man's insurance is gonna ponnie up.

(KRUZIN @ Sep. 07 2006,12:35) It's called intellegence. If "GOD" didn't want it to turn out like this, then "GOD" would'nt have gave us humans the knowlage to do so....Medical is medical it's what it is, and cloaning of body parts is a major break through in medical research. Take the pacemaker for example. scientist created it, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. that is what I would call artificial cloaning of a body part, never have and never will replace the real deal. Even with a donor of a exact match sometimes fails. So if they could in fact cloan your exact body part the chance of rejection would be "ZERO" Please don't take me the wrong way ,I am no means anti God, I just think he gave us this intellegence for a reason...
In the book of Genesis , Adam and Eve were perfect . Without Sin or sickness . Man was perfect. Only in their quest for knowledge did they aquire sin and sickness . Only then did Man begin to age and die . In a sense he did not give us the knowledge we have today only by eating from the tree of knowledge did we aquire that . What he gave us was free choice , free will.

And I have just one more thing to add. If they cloned one of your body parts to replace a failing one . A heart for example . What would they have to do to the D.N.A. of a Bad Organ for it to be healthy . Wouldn't a cronic heart or a weak heart be written it your D.N.A. ? How would they re-write the sequence of YOUR code for it to be healthy this time ? OR ..would they use the cells of a healty person ? Or can stem cells be taken from your healthy organs and used to grow whatever part that might be needed. But would your D.N.A. still be coded Bad Heart . Somebody clue me in . I need to do some research on this I'm kinda fascinated now.

Scientist have discovered a way to change or replace a potentially harmful, deadly or even hereditary problem that is found in the genetic makeup no matter what will be affected. For example, a man and his wife want to have a baby, but one or both sides of the family have a history of heart disease or some other form of disease. The change would be during the embryo stage, and they could change the eye color, height, and whether this child will be obeist when he or she gets older. They could change this when cloning your body part...

Anything that benefits mankind is good.
Stem cells are a great step in that direction.
Or maybe you would prefer bigger better Hydrogen bombs.

The problem is it wont be possible to control cloning. We can't control anything, drugs, crime, etc...and we as a species are pretty darn evil and perverted. So once the door is opened for cloning....look out. Heck we can't even control the illegal alien problem, which should be cut and dry and by the law. Ahhh...but that is yet another thread.

Back