Single topic debate #10

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
I see the term crotch rocket as a derogatory term towards all sportbikes. I MUCH prefer the term sportbike. Why? I see Crotch rocket as something used to descride squids, someone whos sole purpose of buying the bike was to impress chics and show off. I also see the term crotch rocket as an implication that we bought the bike as an extention of our genitalia... I didn't.

You're thoughts on this?

Crotch rocket doesn't bother me...I tend to call mine a bullet bike if the person I'm talking to doesn't know what I'm talking about...
biggrin.gif

I've never thought of it as a derogatory term. Anybody who has ever ridden one knows that 'crotch rocket' is actually a pretty accurate description of what happens when you twist the throttle hard.
biggrin.gif

Just last week I was at the park and a kid pointed at my bike and called it a crotch rocket. His embarassed mother pulled him away telling him 'no, that's a motorcycle". I got quite a chuckle out of it.
smile.gif

The majority of the time I've heard the term used it had a negative connotation with it.

It doesn't bother me though.

After reconsidering, I won't post what I was about to post!

biggrin.gif

Either term is fine. S'long as it doesn't interfere with my riding!

--Wag--

I don't find the term crotch rocket derogatory, I just don't like the word crotch.
laugh.gif

I've noticed the term 'crotch rocket' being used by individuals that

a. Don't ride..
b. Ride, but have never ridden a sport bike

So.. I'm not that offended by the term.

I call mine a hyperbike, seems to get peoples attention. sometimes the ULTIMATE crotch rocket. most people just shake their heads like I'm crazy or something.

I HATE "crotch rocket".. it just SOUNDS bad.
Unfortunately most of the un-educated non-riders call it that. I am quick to say "you mean Sportbike".

Never really thought that hard about the subject other than the slight dislike for the word. I dislike the term "riceburner" even more.

I see the term Crotchrocket being used mostly by the unitiated. The one that really agitates me is when some neophyte calls it a "Ninja Bike"! I typically refer to mine (in ascending order) as a Bike, Scooter, Motorcycle, Busa, Hayabusa, Sportbike, Engineering masterpiece or art!

I HATE "crotch rocket".. it just SOUNDS bad.
Unfortunately most of the un-educated non-riders call it that. I am quick to say "you mean Sportbike".
me too
Glad I'm not the only one. I have a friend who calls ALL sportbikes "ninja bikes"... When i met her and she saw what I rode, she said "You got a Ninja bike" I quickly said, "no, it's a sportbike, thats not a kawasaki"... I then had to explain to her... She was raised by a cruiser rider... I can't blame her, but I can try and educate her.
biggrin.gif

I also see the term crotch rocket as an implication that we bought the bike as an extention of our genitalia... I didn't.

You're thoughts on this?
mines really big anybody want to see  
jump9.gif
                         I LOVE MY CROTCH ROCKET
So... YOU'RE THAT GUY!!! You need a penis extension right?
tounge.gif

Thats the ONLY reason I would call a bike a "crotch rocket", when someone uses it as an extension of their crotch... just like the guys that buy BMW's, Mercedes, etc. JUST for the name... they want to compensate for something they're lacking...

I also see the term crotch rocket as an implication that we bought the bike as an extention of our genitalia... I didn't.

You're thoughts on this?
mines really big anybody want to see  
jump9.gif
                         I LOVE MY CROTCH ROCKET
So... YOU'RE THAT GUY!!! You need a penis extension right?
tounge.gif

Thats the ONLY reason I would call a bike a "crotch rocket", when someone uses it as an extension of their crotch... just like the guys that buy BMW's, Mercedes, etc. JUST for the name... they want to compensate for something they're lacking...
ALREADY BOUGHT IT ITS BIG AND BLACK
ices_rofl.gif

You wouldn't call an Enzo Ferrari a crotch car, so why call the bikes that.

It started as a negative term and IMO it still is.

Back