Single Sided swingarm

G

If anybody is interested RAM will be releasing a single sided swingarm for the busa this fall. www.ram.mc for more info. Just a heads up.

Turtle

A RAM equiped Hayabusa will be at the Suzuki Booth in the Paris Show. This bike will sport the first sssarm RAM produced.

The arm is available in aluminum or Magnesium(mag is 3lb less than alum)
Magnesium also adds $750 to the price.

There are 3 brake options (Brembo caliper):

220 mm rotor = 1470 gr
244 mm rotor = 1632 gr (+132gr)
244 mm rotor twin caliper = 2418 gr (+786gr)

Stock Hayabusa has 240mm rotor

Price as stated from JeffW is in aluminum with 220mm rotor, with carbon hugger, brembo brake, stainless line, and (40t)sprocket.

Rear wheel selection is either a Marchesini or Dymag(RAM spec wheels only). Wheel is not included and should be ordered at time of purchase. Dymag orders can be made here stateside with Superbike Racing (Andrew Wright). The special Marchesini wheel is sourced from RAM.

NO a Ducati wheel will not fit, RAM is RAM and Ducati is Ducati.

The only thing you to source on your own is a Honda RC45 chain adjustment spanner.

AFAM sprocket is available in US and UK(fitment is RAM propriatary spec)All parts are RAM propriatary spec parts, not reconfgured Ducati, RC45, or Triumph parts as used by other single sided swingarm mfg.'s.

There is about a 3 - 4 week lead time.

I was the FIRST to ask for singlesided swingarms for Hayabusa at RAM.
One Arnold C. Cappa ( Dino among friends )answered me and said that I was nomero uno who asked for this and they had to make at least 100 before they were going to produce it. Well it looks like thay finally found out it was interesting.....heheh

I'm Arnold C. Cappa but friends call me Dino.
Thanks for your kind inquiry.
I have just bought a Hayabusa
My compliments!
a single sided swing arm for it soon ?
Soon, do not think so.
Your is inquiry #1
To amortize design and tooling we should forecast a potential market of at least 100 kits.
Sorry, I'll keep your name in reference.
Who knows the future?
Dino

Yngve Kristoffersen wrote:
I found your homepage on the net and as I have just bought a Hayabusa
gsx1300R I was wondering if you are going to make a single sided swing arm
for it soon ?

Pleas let me know if and when it will be availble.

Yours Yngve Kristoffersen
Norway.

I went to the ram sight and it says "for track use only" Is this true? If it is why? I would like to do this mod...........

And on every carburetor Mikuni sells there is also a " not for highway use " sticker on.
Or 4-1 exaust system.....

Vegas think about this, when you ride the Busa doesn't the road sometimes turn in to a track?

Liability reasons like every other aftermarket part it seems, billet gas caps for harleys are probably not for road use only. AP brake systems are not for road use in the states because our judicial system screwed AP several years ago. Exhaust mfg. dont want to absorb the cost of goverment testing(it would add so much cost to the products nobody could afford them).

Back