Single disc

jjbusa

Donating Member
Registered
i was thinking of taking off one of the front disc. i know their some people that dont think its safe or like th elook but i think it makes stock wheels look mean. my question is what do i need (parts) to do this. do i need a new banjo screw for the caliper and the master cylinder? or can i use the same one just tighten it more? hows the brakeing ive herd it not bad but what does that mean not bad im gonna sh#t my self tryin to stop or not bad in that its the same does it pull to one side with only one disc? does anyone have pics upclose. i have a show this weekend and i want to stand out a bit more than the others.

The braking power is essentially the same. I did this mod last year and it's been great so far. You don't need any special tools. Just decide which caliper you want to keep on, then go from there. Most people take the right one off (as you're sitting on bike). I just simply removed the right caliper and routed the main line to the left caliper. Remeber, the right caliper has the double-port banjo bolt because you have a second line going to the right caliper that feeds off of it. Just simply use the main hose coming from master cylinder and mount it to the left-side caliper using the banjo bolt already on it... re-bleed the system, and you're done. Took me about 30 minutes to do the whole thing. Oh yeah, the front tire needs to be removed in order to remove the rotor. I also used a plasma torch to cut the center out of an old rotor, ground it, and had it chromed to cover the holes in the center of the rim. Take a look..

MyBusa.JPG

Emergency braking.... and...... RIP my friend...

One rotor setup twists forks the way they never intended to be twisted......

Trailer queen or drag bike only.

Not long ago a member posted a pic of what happened when he grabbed a handful of fron brake running only on caliper/rotor. The mounting bracket for the caliper broke. Suzuki designed the braking system for two rotors - if you ride on the street I would leave it that way
rock.gif

Not long ago a member posted a pic of what happened when he grabbed a handful of fron brake running only on caliper/rotor. The mounting bracket for the caliper broke. Suzuki designed the braking system for two rotors - if you ride on the street I would leave it that way
rock.gif
Good,sound advice,never understood why anyone would alter such an important system of the bike.

with such a heavy bike why would you risk possibly your life or your ride for "looks" like it was said above....the bike was designed with 2 calipers and rotors... keep them on if you ride on the street... the possible outcome isnt pretty...

agreed i spoke to a guy with a single disc at bike night he said its not worth it... if i like to ride hard on the streets thanks guys for the help

Back in the 70s, the hot setup was dual front disc brakes and everybody wanted them. Now, 30 years later, they only want one brake on bikes that make the hottest bikes of that era painfully slow by comparison. What doesn't make sense here?

Ed

Back