Since we are all discussing Pilot Powers

#cruncherbusa

Registered
After my ride today I discovered that I need a new rear tire (yay especially with X-mas around the corner). I was looking on e-bay and saw the rear Pilot Powers tire for $159.00. Is this a good price and do you guys usually miss-match the front/rear (my front doesn't need a new tire).

IMG004.JPG

i like keeping them matched up. why not 56 one more time?ps i see you have the old busa #### eating grin about ya!!

<!--EDIT|rob t
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102222437 -->

Actually I really didn't consider the 56's one more time. I must admit that they haven't treated me wrong up to to now. That might be the right option to do, get another 56 and switch to the Diablo's or Pilot Powers when the both are ready for a changing.
P.S. You'll have to forgive me for the stupid grin on my face, it's like smoking or drinking, the busa is addictive and that is the result!
tounge.gif

Hi CruncherBusa,
From Ebay, i ordered the front and rear Michelon Pilot HPX for $265 shipped to my door. should be arriving soon. i will let you know how the are. The seller had the non HPX for $30 cheaper..
thanks, kattan

I've been riding with mismatch front (OEM) and rear (Diablos) for about 4000 miles now. No problem. But to answer the questions. Was up in Ventura, CA last week. Motorcycles 101 near Old Town Ventura quoted me $149.99 for rear and $99 for front. Mount and balance is $45 for rear & $35 for front. These are for the new Pilot Powers

Actually I really didn't consider the 56's one more time. I must admit that they haven't treated me wrong up to to now. That might be the right option to do, get another 56 and switch to the Diablo's or Pilot Powers when the both are ready for a changing.
P.S.  You'll have to forgive me for the stupid grin on my face, it's like smoking or drinking, the busa is addictive and that is the result!
tounge.gif
If you go back with another 56, be sure you get the "J" spec BT 56.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

Hi Cruncher,
i just got my michelon pilot sets (front and rear). They are the HPX model. I ordered them off ebay from : The Cycle Source [ebay@thecyclesource.com]
Todd shipped them to my house for $265. That was the cheapest price i found. good luck.
thanks, kattan

Ive got a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsas 120/70/17 front and rear 190/50/17 . There yours for $280 shipped.

Thanks,
Eric

Sup dude? Welcome to the world of the finest machine we call the BUSA. Just to let you know when my factory tires went bald I replaced them with the Michelin powers. I only needed a back one my front one was pretty good but I switched them both cuz I am picky about the looks of my bike I wanted the tread to match. I got 6,000 miles on my factory set. But I can tell you that the Powers are the Schiznit! I got mine on kneedraggers for 135$ rear and 117$ for the front. Have fun choosing your tread bro hope you are getting some good help here

brand new with the factory stickers on them. So fresh you could smell the new rubber. I couldn't believe it either. I went to all the cycle shops around town and the closest they could come to a competeing price was 190$. Check it out man this is a no bullshit price. At least thats what they were back in october when I bought them. www.kneedraggers.com

brand new with the factory stickers on them. So fresh you could smell the new rubber. I couldn't believe it either. I went to all the cycle shops around town and the closest they could come to a competeing price was 190$. Check it out man this is a no bullshit price. At least thats what they were back in october when I bought them. www.kneedraggers.com
I was actually talkin' about the Pirelli Diablo Corsas that Big E has for sale.
wink.gif

I did the 190's. The more rubber the better far as I am concerned.
Yeah, I'm stayin' with a 190 on the 10, too, despite the claims of better handlin'/turn-in from a 180. The 10 far outhandles my abilities to ride so I wouldn't really be gainin' anything I don't think. I'll stick with the 190 for it's bigger footprint and maybe a little more traction.
wink.gif

Back