Sims Motorsports Gen I Hayabusa 24 Volt Starter System /automatic- crap or a bargain?

mwgw

Registered
Hi

Then I tried the mod thread on this fotum, without success, so now I try here.There I'm wondering is if anyone bought this auto switch? How was it, were there any problems directly or over time.
The reason I ask is because I got an offer to buy one but have simultaneously found out that it no longer produced due technical problems. What I want to know is exactly what the error was, ie. how serious they were.
Is that minor errors can I buy it and fix the errors. because I like the concept. But are they serious, I forget it all.

Sims Motorsports
Gen I Hayabusa 24 Volt Starter System / automatic

http://www.brocksperformance.com/In...Motorsports_24V_Starter_System_Gen_1_Busa.pdf

Re: Sims Motorsports Gen I Hayabusa 24 Volt Starter System /automatic- crap or a barg

don't see the point..a good quality / capacity 12v battery is more than enough and the initial spin speed of the starter being hit by 24v could easily damage the starter gears

Re: Sims Motorsports Gen I Hayabusa 24 Volt Starter System /automatic- crap or a barg

:dunno:

If, as in my case, have changed the battery into the strongest /most expensive I found Yuasa: YTZ14S, Entirely renovated starter & changed all high voltage cables and made ​​a comprehensive troubleshooting of the electrical system, including all sensors, switches, starter relay and all contacts ink. background and Eventually Disassembled starting clutch and idle gear without to find anything wrong - I get really tired When the bike starts Immediately cold but only every fifth time warm.

You're probably right in to power a 12v starter in 24 rows tear it down, but what does not then all unsuccessful start attempt then the starter motor can hardly go round & all the kickbacks That These false starts giving do?

My Suzuki dealer wanted to replace the starter and starter clutch ink. idle gear - note Because he found something wrong with them, but to see if it helped - overpriced it was expensive and felt useless.
They usually do so in these cases, and sometimes it works, if it does not help, they replace the out entire ignition system, fuel pump and injectors and works its way through the electrical system at my expense.

What I will say is that no one has been able to explain why the bike is hard to start hot & what you can do about it - fix it.
There are two kinds of Busa owners those who have it and those who lack it - the hot start issue.
Those who lack it says in all the battery replaced. We have already done it, it was the first thing we did when we still belonged to the former group. But after having emptied a new battery & not even been able to start the bike with a car battery, but has had to tow the bike home again & again ...
When you feel happy when something causes the bike to start (24 v) and that many of the same problems. So many that several companies have developed special cable assemblies with switches to run and charge with 2 batteries.
As I can see, there is either an undersized starter or there is a mechanical friction wrong as a bearing or piston that jam when it gets hot - but what do I know.

On 24 v starts the bike right everytime so I'm happy. A option is to buy a stronger starter built for drag racing, but the bike is a 2003 and it's time to buy new, so there is no point in investing big money into a bike that you do not get back when you sell it. A new starter they go on approx.1050 $ Which is overpriced a lot of money.

So brothers, does anyone have experience with automatic switch?

I had the Tiger racing one, it worked great for a while but then started to burn up relays.
So i remade it with 70 amp relays, and it has worked flawlessly for the last 5+ years.
Originally i had just ran a small second battery and charged it by it's self. Then i added to charging harness.

If you interested i have the parts and could make another set-up for you
Let me know if your interested

If, as in my case, have changed the battery into the strongest /most expensive I found Yuasa: YTZ14S, Entirely renovated starter & changed all high voltage cables and made ​​a comprehensive troubleshooting of the electrical system, including all sensors, switches, starter relay and all contacts ink. background and Eventually Disassembled starting clutch and idle gear without to find anything wrong - I get really tired When the bike starts Immediately cold but only every fifth time warm.

You're probably right in to power a 12v starter in 24 rows tear it down, but what does not then all unsuccessful start attempt then the starter motor can hardly go round & all the kickbacks That These false starts giving do?

My Suzuki dealer wanted to replace the starter and starter clutch ink. idle gear - note Because he found something wrong with them, but to see if it helped - overpriced it was expensive and felt useless.
They usually do so in these cases, and sometimes it works, if it does not help, they replace the out entire ignition system, fuel pump and injectors and works its way through the electrical system at my expense.

What I will say is that no one has been able to explain why the bike is hard to start hot & what you can do about it - fix it.
There are two kinds of Busa owners those who have it and those who lack it - the hot start issue.
Those who lack it says in all the battery replaced. We have already done it, it was the first thing we did when we still belonged to the former group. But after having emptied a new battery & not even been able to start the bike with a car battery, but has had to tow the bike home again & again ...
When you feel happy when something causes the bike to start (24 v) and that many of the same problems. So many that several companies have developed special cable assemblies with switches to run and charge with 2 batteries.
As I can see, there is either an undersized starter or there is a mechanical friction wrong as a bearing or piston that jam when it gets hot - but what do I know.

On 24 v starts the bike right everytime so I'm happy. A option is to buy a stronger starter built for drag racing, but the bike is a 2003 and it's time to buy new, so there is no point in investing big money into a bike that you do not get back when you sell it. A new starter they go on approx.1050 $ Which is overpriced a lot of money.

So brothers, does anyone have experience with automatic switch?

First thing the Busa is one of the easiest bike to work on! Get yourself a shop manual and learn about your bike! Second the 24 volt starter system is for when you have a high c.r. racing bike. The starter on your bike went bad. Get one off ebay and do the work yourself! Most dealers are CROOKS!

Is the one you made for 2 batteries an auto switch ? I have the tiger racing one with a switch didn't want to get the one Schnitz has for $50 more. I would prefer the auto feature . If you make me one w/ charging harness I will send whatever you need for parts and labor then I can just sell this one from Tiger . I'm ordering my new #2 battery as we speak with Justin.

Yes I am very interested. Send me a PM for price & more. I'm most curious about how it works how it switches between paralell and series connection of batteries, if it is relay or manually controlled, etc., etc.

First thing the Busa is one of the easiest bike to work on! Get yourself a shop manual and learn about your bike! Second the 24 volt starter system is for when you have a high c.r. racing bike. The starter on your bike went bad. Get one off ebay and do the work yourself! Most dealers are CROOKS!

Yes I have a service maual & can the bike pretty well now after being picked it completely down or partly about. 10 times. The starter can obviously be broken or worn down but the renovation, I changed the carbon plate and inspected the commutator ie. measured it with a multimeter after cleaning it been signs of wear, and checked all the undercuts - but it was rare flawless & clean.
I know that the 24 volt system is used to draw racers just as the stronger starter I wrote about.
But many of us are running with the standard Busa which were helped by 24 volts.
But I agree with you that the sellers of modifications & other non-original parts are crooks, by the way is also the suzuki dealers - Profiteer.
The best help I have received from other Busa brothers.

I only need one because of the big bore . Its really slow when hot

Best thing you can add to a big bore motor!
I only need one because of the big bore . Its really slow when hot

Ill price it out in the AM, and get back to you!
Yes I am very interested. Send me a PM for price & more. I'm most curious about how it works how it switches between paralell and series connection of batteries, if it is relay or manually controlled, etc., etc.

Back