simple way for EVERYONE to have a background check but no registry of guns!!!!

Anyway. We can argue about it amongst ourselves until they come and get our guns. The point being, the feds have their own agenda, which does not include rational input from either of us. Cheers bro! :beerchug:

i also agree with the ability to do private sales...as part keeping the "they dont need to know what anyone owns" part of our first line of defense against tyranny. they want background checks for every gun purchase right?? so everyone that goes to a FFL has to provide that info in order to buy right? so lets make it quick and easy for both buyer and FFL. you on list...come on in...you not on list...leave! and nothing i suggested has any ability to do a registry or knowledge whatsoever you even bought anything

Because there is no recording of what MIGHT have been sold, the only situation where this might be handy is for someone who is selling who is actively trying to keep it out of the hands of a criminal. Just because you 'checked the system' doesn't mean you completed a sale, and since no seral # info kept, it's meaningless as it's untrackable. An intentional straw buyer might be clean on the buy side, but he could sell it to ANYONE because there is NO RECORD KEPT.

Your idea only provides HONEST people from selling to other HONEST people, who are already being watchful of who they sell to, and keeping records anyway. Doesn't do squat for DISHONEST. So, we'd pass the law, and when they found out it didn't work unless you kept name/make serial #, they'd add it to the law - viola, REGISTRATION.

Sorry, doesn't work.

I'd propose better enforcement of the laws already on the books.

- LE sit out in the parking lot of a gun show; blatant straw sales get prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Bounce a couple of these people in jail, and that will stop. Course it won't stop squat off grounds.
- Make example of those caught with gun who aren't supposed to have them (felons); right now they get a slap on the wrist/probation.

All your ideas only restrict HONEST LAWFUL owners.

blatant straw sales get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
gun show and straw sales are a joke!

almost 10% of illegal guns come from straw sales. another 40% of criminals obtain them from friends and family and the rest comes from the street. and people wonder why we have gun problems in our country. our guns laws really are a joke!

All your ideas only restrict HONEST LAWFUL owners.

isnt the gun ban only restricting honest lawful owners? and my ideas restrict nobody except those wanting to purchase that would NOT pass a background check in the first place. it accomplish's 2 things.. everyone gets background check for legal purchase from a dealer (all gun shows i have bought from vendors HAD TO DO A BACKGROUND CHECK) private sales between private people are the "loophole" they are talking about. 2. the background check is quick and easy no muss no fuss id on list...pass/fail simple as that. we DONT want registration of the weapons. we only want lawful transfers to individuals NOT deemed illegal to own weapons.

Its like getting a backround check to buy a news paper, since when do you have to ask permission to the Federal government to exercise your rights, hell I am still waiting to see Obamas background check.

Yes. Here in Maine, if you are arrested for domestic violence and the judge deems it necessary, you will be handing over your guns to the authorities.
Interesting. Federal Law prohibits anyone found guilty of CDV to possess a firearm. Maine actually seizes your weapons ???

Anyway. We can argue about it amongst ourselves until they come and get our guns. The point being, the feds have their own agenda, which does not include rational input from either of us. Cheers bro! :beerchug:

Not the feds, simply a group of elitist who would like to disarm the public. :laugh:

almost 10% of illegal guns come from straw sales. another 40% of criminals obtain them from friends and family and the rest comes from the street. and people wonder why we have gun problems in our country. our guns laws really are a joke!

I would agree that the laws that are designed to keep someone from possessing one is. Burglars, home invaders often take guns and ammo. No background checks no laws for those that are criminally inclined.

A law has never been passed that actually stopped a crime. They simply punish. Well they use to, which is one of the biggest problems in this country.

I haven't really given your idea much thought. Sorry don't mean to be rude, but no one in the gov ment gives a tinkers damn about what we little people think until it comes time to create the lies needed to get re-elected.

I didn't hear anything about wait periods. I feel these are important. Obviously anyone pissed off enough, will not be deterred from possessing anything they need to do whatever evil is in their mind / heart. IMHO it can give someone on the edge something to think about.

Have not kept up with Sandy Hook ( The latest Media craze ) but I think this guy killed his mother, stole her weapons, forced his way into a school, and murdered a lot of people including himself. Nothing but another person was gonna stop him.

Well anyone buying a gun that is prohibited is already committing another crime, why should the burden be shifted to the honest gun seller? I suspect 90% of the killings by illegal gun holders happens in Gun Free cities. No more laws, enforce the sht the legal industrial complex has already smothered us with, hell you guys have so many laws you don't know how top manage them right now.

Well anyone buying a gun that is prohibited is already committing another crime, why should the burden be shifted to the honest gun seller? I suspect 90% of the killings by illegal gun holders happens in Gun Free cities. No more laws, enforce the sht the legal industrial complex has already smothered us with, hell you guys have so many laws you don't know how top manage them right now.

agreed, I went onto NRA website & sent this to the White House:

" I think our entitlement approach in the inner city areas is the root of our gun issues, we give the young money with no basis to learn values, responsibility. We let the drugs flow in and they start shooting each other. It would be the correct approach to manage this unfortunate mess properly. Give them responsibilities, even if it is pick and shovel landfills, or coal shovel snow removal. People need to feel a sense of accomplishment, responsibility, something to fill their time, to be needed, and to cooperate. Simply sending them checks and stamps is not as kind as some might think. The administrators seem to be nothing but a 2nd tier of entitlement, creating a sad fester that threatens our rights. We have our problems centered in these liberal concentration areas, and it spills over on the rest of us. Have rights, keep rights!"

You have vision, not many people understand this. Stamps were degrading so everyone got plastic ( cards ) . I wished I had the hope that things would get better, my mind tells me they're only gonna get worse. Just had a friend move to Belize.......

I ain't moving anywhere, this is my fkn country and I will fight to the death for it. The inner city issue is paternal racism in full bloom, not much different than Jim Crow laws of the south after the civil war, the city dwellers have long ago giving up / lost their freedom, now the elite are turning their attention toward the rest of us. This tells me they are scared of something, they don't care about those kids getting slaughtered, not one wink of sleep lost, this is an opportunity/crisis they can seize upon to remove our rights. I wonder what they are so afraid of myself. I also think if the inner city people had the same rights as the rest of us the good would eventually crush the evil there.

Why don't you want the Government to know the types and quantities of guns that you own?

I see it as an intrusion of my privacy and I apologize for feeling this way but I just suspect them of learning what I have so they can come get it. Why would they need to know what i have ? Fortunately I don't own any weapons, but can you imagine Joe Shmuck who has tens of thousands of dollars invested and someone walks in and takes it. Not to mention those little things that have been in his family for hundreds of years. Maybe even that musket that helped defeat the last Tyrant :poke:

Also I feel it's an absolute violation of my Second Amendment Rights. Obviously I'm not a lawyer nor am I an expert of our constitution, but I feel it's an infringement

Back