Simple cost effective mods that work!

aussie-racer

Registered
New to this forum, though I have been reading it for the last month. Ive read a lot on the simple mods you can do to the 1300cc Gen 1 motor. I picked a bike up for a tiny $US5000, I want to have a bit of fun with it so I'll make it for drag only.

In summary, I'd like to run this mods list past the experienced people out there before I do it. Quite simply I want best bang for buck and Im hunting for a motor with comfortably over 200rwhp.

So the simple mods:

- airbox mod with ram air ducts
- exhaust will be twin shorty headers with no mufflers (loud but thats ok)
- ECU tune
- Up the compression
- C16

So my question is, how much compression can I run on c16 keeping the rest stock? can I just go a thinner head gasket?

What mods do I have to do to the fuel system?

Any help or info would be great.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have built a motor before but it was a car - 2JZ motor. I'm no mechanic, but I read an research and dont mind giving it a go (even if sometimes I bugger it up).

Why do u only want a drag bike? U can make great power for the track and still be used on the street..thats the great thing about a busa

I've got an R1 for the street, I would have a street bike but rego cost for two bikes is holding me back.. and I have plans for the motor once Im bored with the drag strip! :thumbsup:

I leave motor stock, change gearing, little stretch good rear tire , 4 in to 1 exhaust and PC with a good tuner. These bikes will run strong with a stock motor. No need to go inside. Work on suspension and the launch Its a different beast than a R-1

cams
good exhaust..shorties don't make power just noise
ecu flash
This will get you over go 200rwhp with a good mechanic and tuner
On pump gas 92

lets see uhhh

lower it, mod/seal the airbox, all small intake rubber boots

power comander, exhaust, good fuel map

slick, wheelie bars, strut

get your best ET, then drop a dry 50 shot of juice on it

i modded the pair valve into a vacuum pump for the crankcase (i know it helped)

Welcome to the Org! Good luck on your build. Sounds like an adventure!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

No advice, mine is plenty quick just how it is. But welcome! Get us some pics as you go!
Posted via Mobile Device

@Speezak.......what do you mean: i modded the pair valve into a vacuum pump for the crankcase (i know it helped)???

i am talking about my 01 busa

you know them block off plates that most people put on

the "things" that where "there" in the block off plates position originally can be used as a vacuum pump to the crankcase

atleast 2 "free" horsepower, no bigee but every bit helps

i am talking about my 01 busa

you know them block off plates that most people put on

the "things" that where "there" in the block off plates position originally can be used as a vacuum pump to the crankcase

atleast 2 "free" horsepower, no bigee but every bit helps

Is there a thread on how you did this mod and do you have any pics?

as seen on other bikes, you mod the Pair system to suck air from the crankcase. this lowers the internal case pressure and dumps it into the airbox. this can free up HP due to the lack of internal pressure under the piston and around the crank.

side note, i heard some bikes have issues with keeping oil pressure correct with these mods, and that some have had to run slightly more oil because of it.

PS. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFO!

Back