Silverstars Problems

bubbaloo

Registered
I have been using Silverstar H7 bulbs for the low beam which greatly improved the amount of light over the stock bulb, But they only last a year then burn out. Not sure if it is a vibration issue or what. Has any of you had similar problems with these bulbs? Are there any other bulbs that are better?

You're lucky yours lasted a year. Mine only lasted a couple of months.

had mine in for a couple years and I run the brights during the day time too.. no issues.. yet.

I have used silverstars for years now... Never had one go out on me... Yet again with my luck they will go out tomorrow :rofl:

I had one go out on me before I went with the HID. For $20, they are a big improvement even if they only last a year.

I have several, not a problem.

Make sure you clean them with alcohol before installing and don't touch the glass.

I have a set in my wifes Trailblazer...been around a year now and all is good.

I never cleaned them with alcohol , but made sure I did not touch them either. I think its vibration, the roads here in Ontario can be quite rough from the frost over the winter. Did notice the filament in the stock bulb is shorter and heavier than in the Silverstars bulb.

I just put a set of Silverstar Ultras in the Silverado about a week ago. They look about as good as I'd expect without going HID, but I have heard about longevity issues. I always make sure not to touch the bulbs, but didn't clean them before installation. I guess I'll see what happens...

I've been through 2 PIAA EW+ H7s in a year now. Put a Silverstar in this morning, we'll see how long it lasts.
I think a lot of it is the bumpy roads here too. It shows up big time when I ride at night. Lotta vibration/shaking of the light.

I've been through 2 PIAA EW+ H7s in a year now. Put a Silverstar in this morning, we'll see how long it lasts.
I think a lot of it is the bumpy roads here too. It shows up big time when I ride at night. Lotta vibration/shaking of the light.

PIAA's didn't last for me either.
For the price I expected a lot more.

Back