Silverstar t/s bulbs

Glyn

Donating Member
Registered
I have the Clear Alternative front lenses, and have changed my stock rear lenses to '05 clears. The 05 changed the bulb style, and instead of the old 1156 like the front uses, with 180 degree pins, they use 7507 with 120 degree pins.

I looked at going with the LED,s but I didn't want the hassle of the resistor, and I didn't want the fast flash rate.

Thes have a bit of a blue look, that hides behind the C/A front lenses, and looks better than the orange bulb in the back.

pics to follow

front

front_tscrop.JPG

love the silver star bulbs.

I have the clear tail if you are interested.

I picked these up at Auto Barn, but also saw them for the same price at Pep Boys.
Auto Zone was 2x the $$$, and I did not see them at walmart.

about $10 a pair.

Nice cheap mod
laugh.gif

(--Fate @ Aug. 22 2006,00:53)
(--heavybusa @ Aug. 21 2006,20:59) love the silver star bulbs.

I have the clear tail if you are interested.
You got one of those pictures with a girl on the bike to show off the tail lights? Come on, I will be disappointeds if you don't
biggrin.gif
That pic man!

I have chrome bulbs in mine. Light up orange and 100% clear inside. IMO I think they look better....of course unless you have a blue bike.
smile.gif

So it sounds like you like the Silverstars what is the Wattage will they heat up to much for the the lenses, what about the wiring can it handle the extra wattage

Only problem I have with Silverstars is they seem to have a fairly short life. Put some on the wife's car and they were done within about 5 months with few hours in the dark...

i heard if you touch the bulb it will shoten the life , is there another bulb recommended thats better ,like the HID but I dont know if I could justify the cashola for it I dont ride a whole lot a dark but there are cases it happens

(Busa Bill @ Sep. 11 2006,15:57) i heard if you touch the bulb it will shoten the life , is there another bulb recommended thats better ,like the HID but I dont know if I could justify the cashola for it I dont ride a whole lot a dark but there are cases it happens
Absolutely, you touch the glass the oils hold the heat and within no time poomp there goes your light. BUT, I know this and I am very careful NOT to touch the bulb with anything...

So yeah, I dunno. It's possible though of course.

just woundering because I want to try some out but dont want to waist money either. The stock lights suck you know...
Peace bro

Back