Silver 'Busa's anyone polish, chrome, coat frame?

hayaboosta

Registered
I may be in a position to tear the bike down and wondered if I should do something to the frame. Some 'Busa colors are no brainers as to what to do to the frame, but the silver/grey makes it a difficult decision because it is so bright. Any suggestions?

I just recently had my frame polished on my '02 silver/grey. Took me a while to decide, but once I chromed everything else, it was a no-brainer.

Maybe someone can answer this: A lot of people that do polishing and the like are constantly saying how much more difficult it is to polish frames on Suzuki's than any other bike. Does anybody know why? What gives?
rock.gif

Brian

Part of the frame is cast aluminum and part is spun aluminum.
2 different surfaces.
Ok, you've taped out my knowledge of the Busa frame.
I'm done.

Brian, do you have any pics of the '02? I really didn't want to chrome everything, although it does look awesome. The problem is that I have Dymags on the bike, and plating magnesium is expensive.

On my TL 1000 I ceramic coated the frame, the same coating used on exhausts. It is very durable and has a nice finish. I am not sure the ceramic would look right with the sil/grey. The bike is covered in the '00 blue/silver at the moment, I have the '02 stuff standing by.

tlframecoated.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleeper... I saw your bike on another site a month or so ago. A very nice color and scheme, it must look awesome in person.

Brian, do you have any pics of the '02?  I really didn't want to chrome everything, although it does look awesome.  The problem is that I have Dymags on the bike, and plating magnesium is expensive.

On my TL 1000 I ceramic coated the frame, the same coating used on exhausts.  It is very durable and has a nice finish.  I am not sure the ceramic would look right with the sil/grey.  The bike is covered in the '00 blue/silver at the moment, I have the '02 stuff standing by.
Hey Boosta,

I will post a pic. I have one somewhere on my camera or my computer. A buddy of mine who does polishing as a spare hobby does some great work. He charged me $350 dollars to do it. I think that is a reasonable price considering the work that is put into it. His turnaround time is usually 3 days.

Brian

Hey Darkeyce- good looking bike! Is it all polish? I believe the clear lens kit is mandatory on the sil/grey. I am originally from Jersey (Bridgewater) I have been in Vegas for 15yrs.

Brian-
I hope you can find the pics, I would enjoy seeing the bike. You stole the polish job from your buddy, I have done alot of polishing, and I wouldn't want to do a frame!

Here is a pic of my TL with the ceramic frame. The pic was done on a very overcast winter day and didn't turn out that great.

TLdymags.jpg

is it just me
rock.gif
or does the TL just look kinda odd ?
For whatever reason they left off half the fairing. Why was that again ? I dunno . They (Suzuki) seem to have put the "Tillers" motor '"on display" . Problem for me is...it juz dunt look dat gr8 . Is it just me ? or is this bike kinda ugly?
The half-faired look suggests.....look at this....look at what we didnt cover up . OK . I'm lookin'. What I'm lookin at just looks like shid . If ya ask me . Is it just me?

Brian-
 I hope you can find the pics, I would enjoy seeing the bike.  You stole the polish job from your buddy, I have done alot of polishing, and I wouldn't want to do a frame!  
Hey boosta, I found the pics. They are on my camera and I will download them later today when I get off from work.

Brian

RSD,
That TLR looked great in person, the ceramic frame looked good close up.

Boosta, I'd say go with the ceramic for the durability and ease of cleaning it.

Here are some picture fo ya they include a photo with the frame,swingarm and stock mufflers polished and the mid pipe ceramic coated and rest of what you see is chromed including the inner fairings.  All of the polishing was done by myself during the winter month.  I hope this helps you out.

http://www.superkaos.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2748

If the link does not work let me know and I'll have somebody post the Photos for me because I dont seem to have any luck using the photo hosting this site provides, yes I am registered to use it . Hey Cache if your reading this let a brutha know why I cant upload to this site using your photo hosting

Since i saw a pick of a silver/silver on ebay with a black frame, im going to have my frame and swing arm blacked out
cool.gif

After messing with a silver '03 GSXR1000 I thought of the "black out" look. I believe many of the '02 SE owners may say they have some trouble keeping the black looking good on the chassis components.

Here is the 02 silver/grey on the SE chassis from eBay.

BUSA_silverBLK_frame.jpg

Back