Silver/blue 2002?

fatjap

Registered
Hey all,
Got about 400 klicks on the new Falcon. I was wondering if anyone in the states has a 2002 Silver/Blue. If so is it a Canadian model or European?
I'll be shipping mine from here(JAPAN) in a few months and may need some advice on changing from Kilo's to MPH. Any help would be awesome.

Also some good news. I picked the bike up on Thursday(01 Aug), and find out I was selected to be a Chief Petty Officer in the worlds most powerful Navy. I'll be busy for about 6 weeks.
FATJAP
aktion035.gif
ernaehrung004.gif
aktion033.gif
:usa: :usa: :usa:

Congrats on the pro-mo!

I can't help you a whole lot with the metric/sase conversion, except to say that I've read that sometimes people get it wrong, and their mileage on the odometer is then wrong, so be aware.

A little off-topic but my wife's been searching for a new vehicle, and I read some stuff about how people can take a laptop computer and tap into a digital odometer on a vehicle and roll the mileage back digitally.

http://www.bankrate.com/elink/news/auto/20001220a.asp

No silver/blues here. Only in Europe, Australia and a few other countries.

Your best bet would be to just change the instrument cluster, probably find a used one for about $200. Or for $115 you can get a yellow box and change the face plates, although your OD, trip OD and mileage calculator will still be in KM.

Narcissus is right. European model is: silver/silver, black/blue and silver/blue. I have silver/blue model 2002. State color is silver/silver and black/blue.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (Narcissus @ Aug. 04 2002, 03:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No silver/blues here. Only in Europe, Australia and a few other countries.

Your best bet would be to just change the instrument cluster, probably find a used one for about $200. Or for $115 you can get a yellow box and change the face plates, although your OD, trip OD and mileage calculator will still be in KM.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Can face plates be purchased/installed easily? If I change the gear ratio, won't a need a yellow box anyway? I might as well change the face plate at the same time...

You can purchase them and install them easily. Just remove the front cowling, detach the speedo and remove the cover.

You can also make these yourself (high res image files for printing available), but it won't be all nice at night with the backlight. Make sure if you buy them that they are the high quality ones. I don't remember which are the good ones, maybe someone here does?

THANKS GUYS.
ANY GOOD PARTS WEBSITES THAT I CAN GO TO FOR PURCHASING.
ALSO WHERE IS THE YELLOW BOX? I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO STRIP THE PLASTIC OFF AND SEE WHATS WHERE.

:hammerhead: AWC(SELECT) Kim FATJAP Pilkay

GREAT STUFF MAN,
ANY IDEAS ON A PLACE THAT SELLS GOOD BLUE FACE PLATES.

Thanks, I know I'm asking alot but I'm overwhelmed with Naval Tradition right now. oooohhhh-rraaahhhh
FATJAP :whip:

Back