*sigh* anudder BigDiesel PSA

BigDiesel

Registered
One of my very close, very good riding buddies just got nailed yest. by some stupid 18yr-old twit who swerved over 2 lanes of traffic to get to a ****n pizza joint! ; he was mindin his own in the right lane, when all of a sudden, 'brittney' decides she hasta get into Dominoes while she's cruisin the left lane...swerves over without looking and my guy Mike went 'Superman' over her hood-did some body-surfing on the pavement before coming to rest with his *HELMET* up against a curb (i.e:if he had NO HEMLET on, he woulda been D-E-A-D...please take note, Squiddies
deadhorse.gif
).  His jacket n gloves were scraped up a bit, and kevlar jeans were scuffed-but no major road rash exc. knees n thigh from tumble, boots, n helmet is jacked up...but my man Mike is alive, well as can be expected w/a totalled DR-Z, and going back to work while the Ins. companies work it out (he's in IL, so at least Suzie Stupid-Head had ins. to cover his wrecked bike) instead of lyin on a concrete slab...

You really just never know when this crap is gonna hit you folks-Mike's been riding for over 20+ years, but no amount of experience can prepare you for other people's stupidity.
werd.gif

take it easy out there-ride safe n be smart
ThumbsUp.gif

I've come stupid close to being nailed by cagers 3 times, and all three times it was some dumb 17 year old Twat on her cell phone. By stupid close I mean I've been in touching distance of the vehicle. There's an Eclipse running around here some girl drives that has a nice large dent in the drivers door from someones boot... I smile when I see her to this day
biggrin.gif

Glad he's okay BigD...tell him to take care and recover soon!!

guns.gif
Stupid people just make me so freakin' mad on the road--

Sad part is it ain't going to get any better...
guns.gif

guns.gif

Sorry to hear Big D...glad he is gonna be okay to ride again.

I had a lady in a black Tucson almost take me out this morning cause she was too busy talking on the phone and drinking her coffee. I got angry to say the least! She then decided the truck in front of her was too slow and swerved over without lookin at the motorcyclist in the left lane... almost took out the guy on the bike. He sped up and gave her some nice sign language. She never got off the phone....

guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I've come stupid close to being nailed by cagers 3 times[/quote]

Today, right? It's usually about 3 per day when I ride.
guns.gif

The saddest part of a cager incident is that you have leave a mark on their vehicle or it doesn't look like they're at fault. There's nothing like having to choose to hit a car (instead of, say, lowsiding) just so insurance covers the damage.

The only lesson she will take is that her insurance premium will went above the roof.

She will also get $50 ticket for failure to yield.

If something like that ever happened to me (knock on wood) I`d charge her for attempted murder.

Your Honor, This Lady gave me the finger when I passed her on the right two blocks away. I was scared for my life and I change my lane to far right and was going (insert speed limit minus 5MPH) MPH . She looked at me and tried to hit me suddenly, making sharp left turn like you can see in the movies, changed 2 lines in a fraction of a second and said " Why didn`t you die" when I was lauing on the ground.
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

glad the guys ok, could have been worse i suspect if not for his gear...just on a side note, i saw a squid driving the other day with his left foot up on the dash, slumped down in the car trying to be cool on his cell, they are everywhere....

glad your bud is OK, did the girl look like she had missed many meals, you know, as a reason for swerving so fast for food
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

I'll start this argument again: Any cell phone should be illegal to use in a vehicle unless it is not moving. It is the distraction of conversation not the hands free that causes this. The very young and the old are especially vulnerable.

Seen any of these kids driving and texting? I have. I saw a girl on a scooter talking on a cell phone doing about 50 mph down a busy street. Hopefully, she will wreck, and having no helmet, no longer use a cell phone.

I hate seeing ANYONE trying to drive and talk on a cell phone...it can't be done and even when you think you're doing just fine, you're not...I'm stuck behind 'em every damn day, can't get up to speed, hitting their brakes in a sweeping turn, just generally NOT in control of their cage...

Glad your friend is going to be OK BigD...it's not just the gals driving stupid; I see EVERYONE doing it nowadays...
guns.gif

The only lesson she will take is that her insurance premium will went above the roof.

She will also get $50 ticket for failure to yield.

If something like that ever happened to me (knock on wood) I`d charge her for attempted murder.

Your Honor, This Lady gave me the finger when I passed her on the right two blocks away. I was scared for my life and I change my lane to far right and was going  (insert speed limit minus 5MPH) MPH . She  looked at me and tried to hit me suddenly, making sharp left turn like you can see in the movies, changed 2 lines in a fraction of a second and said " Why didn`t you die" when I was lauing on the ground.
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif
Why didn't you die!!!
Bwahahahaha..

This is great..

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

As I see more and more of the little scooters around here hogging the road, now I see many of them on cell phones while driving.
pissed.gif
If I'm in my truck, I lay on the horn so they can't hear, and if I'm on the busa, I drop down a gear.(I have shorties on)
laugh.gif

Back