Sig Sauer MPX-C...Must have one!

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
This is what my next toy will be when I have saved up enough pennies!

Last edited by a moderator:
If only i wasn't living in a chamber of rules and an over-regulated dumbass country I would be in the store at first light with mr B.Franklin in my hands begging for it like Oliver moderfukin Twist.

Sous you going to buy a semi auto only version?
Any new mg made after 86 you or I cannot own.
Anyway I'd still take an Mp5. Tried and true.

I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to run a few hundred rounds through a few MP5s. They are proven but I think there are better options out there. While I am a fan of the 9mm in a handgun, I think it is severely limited in a carbine round (I guess in this case a sub round). I really like AAC's 300BLK proposed MP5 replacement, the Honey Badger.

http://www.300aacblackout.com/resources/300-BLK.pdf

I'm running a 12.5" version and it is hands down the best carbine I have had the opportunity to run. I'd really like to get a 9" upper now. Or maybe a complete custom 10" SCAR in 300BLK. Would be pricey though.

Professor years ago when I worked at the indoor range it was one of a few places the FBI would come to train.
They did this because they could plan the event weeks in advance and not worry about getting rained out.
A couple of them brought over two Mp5/10s. After watching me drool on the observation window for a couple hours one of them waved me out and gave me a couple mags. That was the single most awesome gun I've ever fired.
Choice of one sub gun and it would be that, an Mp5 in 10mm.
I do agree that .300blkout cartridge is starting to take hold. I'm holding out till I see cases of it being sold at fair prices before I invest in the caliber though. It could fade out as several others have. But it's def got the range over any other caliber in its class. An mp5/.300 with a 0-300 meter range would be a great all around weapon.

I was able to run a couple of magazines through a MP5/40. It was a Demo and HK was footing the bill for the ammo, so that made it even better. :) They had a MP5/10 there but I didn’t get a chance to run it. I owned a HK94 that I was going to have Curtis Higgins (S&H) convert, but my interests went other ways and I swapped it.

The .300BLK has been around at least 20 years although under other names, 300 whisper, 300/221, 300 fireball, etc. It was really great when AAC and Remington decided to develop it as SAAMI cartridge a few years ago, so I don't think it is going anywhere now. Factory ammo is still a bit pricey, but cheap to reload. It will never be as cheap as 5.56 though.
I think a HK 300 would lose some its appeal compared to a MP5 because it would have to be based on a 33/53/93 design instead of a 94. The HK 51s and 53s just don’t have the visual appeal of the MP5.

Have you seen one of these? Almost have to get one just for the cool factor. :)

Heckler & Koch MP5 A5 .22 LR HK H&K 22 5780310 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

How about this one?

IMG_4587%20(Medium).JPG

Oh the joy of YouTube. One video, then another, and suddenly you arrive at this.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't mind the semi-auto only, I get to play with enough weapons while on full auto at work. This is what I have been looking for I think. Going to do more research before making up my mind, but I am about 90% on this being the right AR for me.

Back