SIDI VERTEBRA2 AIR boots...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody have THESE BOOTS? I'd like some feedback on how well they actually ventilate while ridin'. I'm tired of wearin' my "work" boots (Rocky 1ST MED's) because they burn my feet up. I'd also like to get a bit more protection from my footwear. I'm gonna also get a good leather ridin' jacket pretty soon. Another story for another time, though. Just thought all you folks that've been preachin' to me for so long (Rev, you listenin'?
rock.gif
) would be proud.
wink.gif

So, anybody have any feedback on these boots based on personal experience with 'em?
rock.gif
Also, it's usually pretty hard to beat New Enough on prices but if you know where to get 'em any cheaper than $255 with free shipping let me know.

TIA...
beerchug.gif

SIDI.jpg

rock.gif

Yea man i have those lite on the feet comfortable and great protection with adjustability.My favorites.

How much adjustability in the calves?
rock.gif
I've got fairly big calves... The adjustability factor with these was one reason I liked 'em. Just hope it's enough.
drooling3.gif

Also, I just found 'em HERE for $199. Best price I've found but without free shippin'. Don't know anything about these folks either. Might be best to go ahead and deal with New Enough since I know their customer service and return policy is top notch.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082915666 -->

rock.gif

Wish I could help out, BT, but haven't tried them! Just got a pair of Teknic Freeway II boots to try out. Have never worn ridin' boots before and wanted to check them out and see how they felt. These aren't bad, but I will probably upgrade in the future.

BT,

I have a pair of Sidi Tepor Evo's and they are great.  I have fairly large calves also and they fit real good.  The Tepor's look almost exactly like those.  I use them at the track usually, but I just bought a pair of the ICON super duty boots that are really comfortable.  Those are perfect for just riding around town and look great with a pair of jeans.  Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks...

Brian
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082922759 -->

I've got them. Love them. Comfortable for all day rides, along with walking to dinner from the parking area. I was thinking about buying another pair before they change the style.

Adjustablility: They are made to be worn over the pants or inside. There is plenty of adjustability. I find the ball of my calf starts at the top of the boot. Just happens to work out just right, as I have large calfs also.

Later,

Steve

Cool. Maybe I'll go ahead tomorrow and order a pair to try. I may also order a pair of those Icon Super Duty boots Brian has. I went to New Enough and checked them out. Looks like sweet boots for ridin' to social events where you'd look like a freak in a pair of race boots like the vert2air's. Now to decide... black or stealth in the Icons?
rock.gif

BulletTrain,

The one thing I've heard from a number of dealers (in person and on the phone) is that the footbed can be narrower. Italians must have narrow-ass feet, because any Italian piece of footwear that I've owned has always had narrow footbeds.

I'm very pleased with my Alpinestart SMX-Plus by the way. Adjustable calf area and pretty damn comfortable. There's no velcro used for keeping the flaps together which is why I bought 'em. Not great for walking around in due to squeaking, and they do tend to make me walk funny (or funnier than I already walk).

Good luck with the purchase!

--Juggler

BulletTrain,

The one thing I've heard from a number of dealers (in person and on the phone) is that the footbed can be narrower.  Italians must have narrow-ass feet, because any Italian piece of footwear that I've owned has always had narrow footbeds.

I'm very pleased with my Alpinestart SMX-Plus by the way.  Adjustable calf area and pretty damn comfortable.  There's no velcro used for keeping the flaps together which is why I bought 'em.  Not great for walking around in due to squeaking, and they do tend to make me walk funny (or funnier than I already walk).

--Juggler
That's NOT a good thing. I've got a fairly wide foot, too. Wonder if steppin' up a size would help? I usually do that in regular boots or shoes if I can't find them in "wide" sizes. I can wear a 12-12 1/2 in wides or a 13 in regular width. I was considerin' gettin' the 13 boot just in case. Maybe that's really a good idea after all. Hmmm...

Thanks for the info, man. I'll talk to them at New Enough before I order. They've always shot me straight when I asked them about gear. I trust 'em. Besides, I don't think they would give me a hassle takin' 'em back as long as I don't scuff 'em or anything. That's one thing I like about New Enough. They didn't mind workin' with me when I was buyin' gloves.

I also own a pair of the Icon super duty boots and ride and work in them. Love the fit and feel of them . For cold or wet weather riding I bought a pair of Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boots . Wore those quite a few times this winter and couldnt have been warmer . Also a very comfortable boots .

I also own a pair of the Icon super duty boots and ride and work in them. Love the fit and feel of them . For cold or wet weather riding I bought a pair of Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boots . Wore those quite a few times this winter and couldnt have been warmer . Also a very comfortable boots .
Thanks for the input. The Super Duty boots are on my list for normal around town ridin' and ridin' to hangouts and get-togethers. I think they'll be fine for that. I just want something with more ventilation for when I spend half a day or more ridin' the mountains in hotter weather.

The vert 2 air's just seem like a good choice as far as ventilation goes. I'm not lookin' for water proof or warm because I rarely ride when it's cold and never on purpose when it's wet out. I want the opposite. I want boots that are open enough to circulate some air around my foot when it's hot out.
wink.gif

Just got a pair. Great boots, very comfortable. I read a review that said they didn't ventilate well, but compared to my old boots they are like wearing sandals--and it just hit 90 degrees here in central cal today so I'm glad I got them. I also recommend putting a pair of Superfeet insoles in them, the stock ones don't offer much support.

BulletTrain,

The one thing I've heard from a number of dealers (in person and on the phone) is that the footbed can be narrower.  Italians must have narrow-ass feet, because any Italian piece of footwear that I've owned has always had narrow footbeds.

I'm very pleased with my Alpinestart SMX-Plus by the way.  Adjustable calf area and pretty damn comfortable.  There's no velcro used for keeping the flaps together which is why I bought 'em.  Not great for walking around in due to squeaking, and they do tend to make me walk funny (or funnier than I already walk).

--Juggler
Now I definitely have to agree with Juggler about the fact that the Sidi boots are quite narrow. My feet are straddling the fence between narrow and wide. When I first got my boots, they were a bitch to put on. But once I put them on, I wore them around the house for about an hour and took them off. The leather seems to expand real easy. I've since never had a problem with them. They seemed to just mold to my feet.

Brian

I've got the Vertebra 2 non-air and are very happy with them. I have narrowish feet and had to add a second footbed to get comfortable. I adjusted the calf as small as it would go and still have some room there. Overall they are one of the rare peices of gear I am fully satisfied with.

Called NewEnough.com and they had one pair of SIDI Vertebra 2 Air Carbon's on clearance for $229. They list for $300 and have carbon fiber trim as opposed to the plastic trim on the regular Vert 2 Air's. They said I could buy 'em and if they didn't fit when they get here they will refund 100% of purchase price (less shipping of course) without question. I figured I'd better snatch 'em up since they only had ONE pair left on clearance and they were the size I wanted.
wink.gif

I also ordered a pair of the Icon Super Duty boots in stealth color. The more I looked at those on-line the more I liked them. Hope they're as nice as they look!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the feedback and comments. I'll let you all know how the boots work out when they get here. Should be here on Friday.

Happy birthday to meeeeeeeee, happy birthday to meeeeeeeee!
super.gif

Back