Sidi boots?

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone tell me about this boot manufacture? I've heard they make some of the best motorcycle boots money can buy. Are the sizes true when converted to USA sizes.. Are the boots narrow, wide, standard? What are some of your complaints about the boots in general. I've heard they can make alot of racket (squeeks and stuff) anything both positive or negative would greatly be appreciated.... Thanks Ks.

I have the Vertebra II. The size matches ok. They are a bit too narrow for my feet and they do squeek from the plates rubbing against each other. Walking in them is ok for a short time, but I get blisters after a few hours. They also don't breathe well, my socks get wet in this hot weather after wearing them just a short time.

The structure and armor is good, though. It keeps my ankle very supported which, after suffering two sprang ankles from going down twice, I prefer the sweat and blisters over going through another injury again. It has taken me many, many months to regain flexibility in my ankles and my right side (from last downing in summer 2002) is just now getting back to normal. I was wearing boots without ankle support before.

The race version is decent, but for practicality, I would probably tend to the street boots instead. I also suggest trying them before you buy. You may want to get one size larger than your actual measurement (if you measure 45, try a 46 or 47).

Oh, and since you're right in Kansas, talk to Charles at Street & Track. He has to order them directly, but you can probably pick them up if you are close enough plus he's got the best price. :thumbsup:

StreetNTrackImport Links Gone

StreetNTrackImport Links Gone

My Sidi On-Street boots were a little narrow but stretched to fit very comfortable. I can also atest to the fact that they are watertight. This does cause them to be a little sweaty. But then every MC boot I've ever owned has had that *problem*. They are a little pricy, but they do hold up well. 1.5 years daily use.

Beware the screw on toe sliders, the bases are plastic and not replacable. If you strip them out on a minor fall you are fuqed. I have Teknic violators now and though the sliders screw in they are attached from the bottom and far more structurally sound. Beyond that, the teknics are more comfortable particularly if you have to walk around in them for a while.

I have the Sidi Strada's and I love them. Not as "Power Ranger" looking as the Vertibre but still fantastic. When I raced bikes in my younger years I always wore Sidi shoes. They are famous for biking and I was not suprised to see they made boots for motorcycles also. Just my opinion.

Paul

Have the first generation vertebraes and I love 'em. I wore them for a week solid to break them in (at Daytona Bike Week). After that, they have been rather comfy. I did get blisters the first few days on my heels, covered 'em with band-aids and went on. Now thay are as comfy as any thing I wear all day long. They are not real waterproof, but not bad either. I don't find them too hot, especially compared to other non-vented boots. They do squeak, there is no sneaking up on anyone, as the "vertebrae" move across each other with each step. I am very pleased with mine. BTW, I orde in the rain this weekend and got soaked, but only had a very minor leak in the boots, while the rain gear leaked like a seive.

I have a pair of Alpinestars Stage and they are waterproof and VERY comfortabled. I wanted a pair of cooler boots for the summer so I ordered a pair of SIDI Champion Air from Motonation - the importer. I ordered size 8 and they reccomended 42 they shipped them with a $12 shipping charge. When they arrived they were too big and when I called they said - "oh yeah they run large we will send you 41's." Would have been nice if they told me that when I ordered them. So I had to ship them back at "my charge" and then pay them to have another pair sent out. They didn't fit very well either so I returned them as well. I have made several phone calls to them, and still havent received the credits on my credit card and this dates back to July. My advice - avoid Motonation and try some other brands of boots. My experiecne was not good and the boots were not as comfortable as my Alpinestars.

Kent

I can personally testify for the Sidi boots. I have the Tempor Evo's and they are great. I do agree with the guys in that they are a little narrow when you first get them, but once you walk around in them a little, they fit great. The leather seems to stretch real well (almost like spandex). Break-in only took about an hour of constant walking around. I've already been down in mine and they came out without a scratch. The Tempor Evo's provide good protection while at the same time have a nice look with just casual dress like jeans and the like. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

Brian

I have had the strada tempor's for about a year now. They have been great, good wet capabilities, comfortable, and they fit really well. There have been times i have worn them when not on the bike.They have fairly good cold weather protection as well. The veterbre's have more protection , however I do not think they wear or feel as good as the tempor's

I have had the strada tempor's for about a year now. They have been great, good wet capabilities, comfortable, and they fit really well. There have been times i have worn them when not on the bike.They have fairly good cold weather protection as well. The veterbre's have more protection , however I do not think they wear or feel as good as the tempor's
Another satisfied customer... :laugh: :cool:

:blush: great boots ,I have GTs for street and Vertabras for nasty.Oil Verts for sqeeks.Even have a pair from the 8os still useable.My favorites

I have the Sidi Vertebra II Air Carbons. Love these boots. All most as comfortable as tennis shoes. You can definitely feel the perforations when it's cool out side. I think if I were to do it again I'd go with the Race Vevtebra. Just for the little extra ankle support. I got most of my apparel (jacket, pants, boots) at: http://www.motoliberty.com
Good service and price. Very people oriented.

Later,

Steve

Back