Sidewinder with no baffle?

viper11511

Registered
I think I know the what the response will be to this one! So I'm thinking I might get bored and pull the baffle out of my Brock's sidewinder this weekend for fun (and to keep my status with the neighbors intact)! ha! Any thoughts? Has anyone done this? I know it will be loud but good loud? I see some are running the straight exhaust now but have not had a chance to hear what it sounds like. Anyways was just looking for some input! Thanks!

My muzzy megaphone has removable baffle I may do same @ track this sat.
Watch out 4 cops if you do it on the street might tic 1 off.

You can get a noise ticket here .If see a cop upshift a couple and get off throttle :laugh:

I have heard them @ track no baffle good enough 4 @ least partial hearing damage.

I like how they sound just be carefull around old people might freak them out mabe cause a sezure.

last year I didnt have my baffle in good.Made a pass hit second+shotguned the baffle out.Sucked because end cap is polished.THen track worker not thinking went 2 pick it up +burned his hand.

see how cap is scratched up? Thats because it got airborn ,,1 screw pulls that off

1zpjdw8.jpg

Last edited:
OK I decided to try it just for fun. Any suggestions on removing the baffle? Removed the set screw and it doesn't budge. Maybe help to heat it up by running it? Thanks for any input!

OK I decided to try it just for fun. Any suggestions on removing the baffle? Removed the set screw and it doesn't budge. Maybe help to heat it up by running it? Thanks for any input!

Do you have a spring puller or anything like a hook?
On the street megaphone you can insert into the outlet of the baffle, hook it, then pull it out.

Thank you all for your help! Warmed the pipe up and it slipped right out. So I think I know what a nascar engine in my garage sounds like now! ha! Not sure I will keep it this way but just had to try it! I'm sure ya know what I mean! Thanks again!

I had an open tsukigi sidewinder on my bike for a very short period. It sounded like the dogs from hell. I couldn't even idle the bike in my garage with the door open because it woudl rattle everything in my house. Outside on the street my neighbors all new when my bike was running. At wide open throttle you can hear the exhaust from over a mile away.

I switched to Brock's sidewinder w/baffle and it has a much better sound. The exhaust sounds mean but thankfully not as knarly. It loud at full song but much more manageable. Now I can idle my bike in the garage and my neighbors don't even know unless they're outside. :thumbsup:

i used to have a sidewinder on my 95 gixxer 1100, no baffle, it was ridiculous loud and after a couple of hours riding when you got off you felt like you'd been at a concert or something and couldnt hear anything out of the right ear, even at idle, very very loud!

You actually will hurt the [performance a bit without the baffle on a stock or slightly modded Busa.

Back