Sidewinder on stock engine..hurt performance?

FLY-N-PUMPKIN

Registered
Would running a Sidewinder style exhaust hurt my performance? I have filter and PC3Rusb. If so, what minimum mods do you recommend when running this pipe?

I ran Brocks sidewinder on my stock motor 02 busa with PC3r, box mod, pair blocked off, ect. and it hurt my performance even after a dyno tune so I went back with Brocks Gen3 streetsmart pipe and his map and the bike picked right back up. I would say you need atleast higher compression pistons and cams for a sidewinder or a 1397.

same mods as above , i run a muzzy without the fiberglass baffle. metal baffle still intact, have to have some back pressure.stock motor as well.dynoed at 165 hp in the middle of june 98 degress outside with a ton of humidty.told i will gain at least 10 more ponies when it is cool outside. who knows, but am very pleased with mine

Thanks.

Mine dynoed 164.8 rwhp an 100.6 rwtq

I really like the looks of the sidewinder.

ALUCARD...what was your torque curve like? Do you have a pic of the duno chart? I thought maybe I could compare.

i had same problem with loss of performance with a sidewinder. Ususally people use these sidewinders with the combintion of a 1397 bore kit and head work.

(busaboy8 @ Sep. 13 2006,12:56) i had same problem with loss of performance with a sidewinder. Ususally people use these sidewinders with the combintion of a 1397 bore kit and head work.
That is correct. Put that exhaust on without the big motor and your slowing yourself down. Period

Back