sidestand woes

G

Well, I have fallen victim, bike sat on level ground for THREE HOURS, I was putting on my helmet and crunch it goes. Blue is lowered 3" so I had ALREADY ground about .075" out of the stand. This bites bad. I'd really like everyone who has had this happen email me at khenning@hotmail.com, perhaps a class action lawsuit is possible. I'm really pissed and dead serious, folks, email me please!

Really sorry to hear about your bike. Its bad enough when I do damage to one, but really sucks when they destroy themselves. You can file suit. Everyone does for any reason. 1st thing Suzuki is going to say is that you altered the bike making it more prone to falling off stand. And that is true. It may be best to return to stock height before they see it. I wish you luck and hope you get bike fixed soon. Jack

Thanks Jack, and it will be bone stock. Thing is, look at all the ones fallen NOT lowered!

email me folks

Doesn't it say in the owners manual to leave in gear, push forward and then put on side stand??

I'm sure I read that somewhere. And as you are supposed to read the owners manual before operating the machine................

Just a thought, because if you try a law suit on that all your waranty could be invalid as you obviously failed to read and/or heed the instructions pertaining to the correct operation of the vehicle.

Anyone else have any comments on this?

Stay safe
Leave it in gear
NumbNuts

Back