Side plate mount-aerodynamics

Dark3

Registered
What is your opinion of the angle of this plate mount in reguards to aerodynamics/drag. I feel it looks best facing up but wonder what negative effects it may have by forcing air into the road surface. Should it be angled a different direction?

f544a98c2ce654e184230b936df5f296.jpg

84ad54aadb6efa8646ef8c0fe2b9020d.jpg

Probably a non issue unless you regularly exceed 140 mph. Your leg will block a big chunk of the air and the slip stream may not even be back together by the time it gets to the plate. I say rock it. Only thing I don't like is it's pretty easy to read..... :whistle:

Does Georgia have vertical plates? Buddy of mine just got his this way it mounts vertical with letters going down. Helps it not stick out as much if your worried about wind.

Does Georgia have vertical plates? Buddy of mine just got his this way it mounts vertical with letters going down. Helps it not stick out as much if your worried about wind.
yea i think I could but thats no cheapo tag bracket. I have to look at it to see if its possible to modify it tastefully. Thanks for the idea

Yeah but certain states don't allow vertical license plates. Not sure if that's the case where he's at but up my way the cops will give you chit over it and most places that do inspections won't pass you with a vertical mount license plate

Back