SIDE PANNIERS

Raghav

Registered
Hello everyone
Hope ya all doing great and are safe

With this pandemic around and most of us under lockdown, everyone's itching to head out. I forsee I'd be able to step out by July, towards which I was prepping by bike for touring.

Is there any one who is using side hard panniers for the busa. Apparently I came across a thread where a busa has GIVI V35 panniers installed on it. So does the mounting bracket come with the panniers or it's a separate thing that I need to buy.

Also are there any auxiliary lights that any ones using. I use the HX7 led as my main head lamp.

Please share your views, pictures of the same would be perfect.

Thank you all

Type H.I.D. into the search bar at the top of any Org page for all things HID (brighter headlites) or some have installed seperate running lites mounted as you see fit.Some choose yellow,some bright white,etc.
Bags,such as the 35 liter Givi's you are considering are a universal fit to many types of bikes and require a mounting system by the company SW-MOTECH specifically for the Hayabusa.
Rubb.

Troy @Getn off might still have his V35 bags / racks for sale . the new V37's use same rack , but now fit a helmet inside them .

Out in the Texas country riding.JPG

RJ at power plant.jpg

DSC_1733.JPG

It looks beautiful..... thanks for these wonderful pictures..... I just dropped a message to enquire bout the GIVIs
Raghav this is off your topic but question for you...
Does India have any Hayabusa sites like this one? I'm trying to track down a member who used to post here years ago and was hoping that perhaps he now only posts on a local website in India. Long shot I know,but the guy was very cool.
Any leads to sites,much appreciated. Tried Google.Thanks,
Rubb.

Raghav this is off your topic but question for you...
Does India have any Hayabusa sites like this one? I'm trying to track down a member who used to post here years ago and was hoping that perhaps he now only posts on a local website in India. Long shot I know,but the guy was very cool.
Any leads to sites,much appreciated. Tried Google.Thanks,
Rubb.
Naah not that I know off.... and i know decent amount of people here who have riding busa for some time now....do u remember his name... in my land people generally keep this bike for a year or two max, and then sell it off...max they would do is 10 to 15k on it....usually use it for weekend rides,not more than 180-200 kms both ways. Maintaining this bike is fairly exorbitant in india, parts are expensive and rotables not always easily available.
So as far as I can think, he probably sold off his bike and got a new 1.... but here theres no such group.

Naah not that I know off.... and i know decent amount of people here who have riding busa for some time now....do u remember his name... in my land people generally keep this bike for a year or two max, and then sell it off...max they would do is 10 to 15k on it....usually use it for weekend rides,not more than 180-200 kms both ways. Maintaining this bike is fairly exorbitant in india, parts are expensive and rotables not always easily available.
So as far as I can think, he probably sold off his bike and got a new 1.... but here theres no such group.
I know a guy who's in drag racing here....I follow him on insta...I dont remember his name on insta.....has a venom theme busa....if u there in insta, send me a request on (rags1340).

I know a guy who's in drag racing here....I follow him on insta...I dont remember his name on insta.....has a venom theme busa....if u there in insta, send me a request on (rags1340).
You have a PM. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

My grandmother has side luggage, but it's with a twist.
Because the '99 Busa has an aluminum frame (the one under the pilion seat), I had to replace it with a steel one, from a newer model.
Then, I welded the "plates" with steel inserts for the side luggage so that they look like this:

Bassically, you have 3 original parts: back plate for the top case, a a side "square frame" to wich you snap the side pannier to.
You have to weld toghether all those parts using aluminimum or steel bars.
I'll search for more images if it's needed.

Quick note: the bar above the exhaust is not added by me but is original to the side plate/bracket.
You have to reinforce the sistem by adding a few bars, just to be sure.

Last edited:
Back