Sick Turbo, need expert advice

Road it today for a few minutes, same problems.... I'm headed for a tuner. I suspect now it is the FMU.

P.

Do you have an aftermarket fuel/ ignition kill switch?..The one that's required for racing @ sanctioned races.

Do you have an aftermarket fuel/ ignition kill switch?..The one that's required for racing @ sanctioned races.

Yes, a PMR. Thoughts? If it were that though wouldn't the bike die
completely instead of just falling flat?

Thanks.

P.

Yes, a PMR. Thoughts? If it were that though wouldn't the bike die
completely instead of just falling flat?

Thanks.

P.

I have the FBG one but had the same exact problem your having and found the problem was the connection where the plug goes goes in..It wasn't a super tight connection Take the tether cord off and leave the plug in and ziptie the plug in tight and take it for a spin.:beerchug:

Oh and as for your question...The wind when riding could be enough to cause the loose connection....Your tach acting up is what triggered my thoughts...Same thing happens when your turn your ignition on...So since your fuel and ignition is tied into the switch the loose connection will trigger that...Try it out and LMK!!

Last edited:
sounds like the aem glitch i had with the plug and play loom, waiting on the upgraded replacement loom at the moment.
what fault codes ,

I have the FBG one but had the same exact problem your having and found the problem was the connection where the plug goes goes in..It wasn't a super tight connection Take the tether cord off and leave the plug in and ziptie the plug in tight and take it for a spin.:beerchug:

Oh and as for your question...The wind when riding could be enough to cause the loose connection....Your tach acting up is what triggered my thoughts...Same thing happens when your turn your ignition on...So since your fuel and ignition is tied into the switch the loose connection will trigger that...Try it out and LMK!!

I am going to try this bro! The teather does whip all over the place.

P.

sounds like the aem glitch i had with the plug and play loom, waiting on the upgraded replacement loom at the moment.
what fault codes ,

I will check the fault codes and let you know. Thanks!! By the way, where is the plug-and-play loom located?

P.

I am going to try this bro! The teather does whip all over the place.

P.

I bet you thats what it is I use to ride with the teather on all the time also..just use to clip it to the other side and that's what I think loosened the connection over time...Like I said after I zip tied the plug in never had that issue again.:thumbsup:

I bet you thats what it is I use to ride with the teather on all the time also..just use to clip it to the other side and that's what I think loosened the connection over time...Like I said after I zip tied the plug in never had that issue again.:thumbsup:

I'll be sure to get back to you tonight on this after I try it. I believe, and hope you are on the right track. It makes good sense. I have been over ever inch of everything else, except that.

Thanks!!!!! :beerchug:

P.

I'll be sure to get back to you tonight on this after I try it. I believe, and hope you are on the right track. It makes good sense. I have been over ever inch of everything else, except that.

Thanks!!!!! :beerchug:

P.

Another way to check it is just turn your ignition on make sure your run switch is on and don't start the bike just manually wiggle the plug and see if you see the tach gauges resetting and listen for the fuel pump when you wiggle it...You might just be able to solve the problem without having to ride it!::thumbsup:

My P&P loom went between the std ecu and the std wiring with a short section going to the aem, not all faulted but mine and 2 others i know of did, gave c11 and c24 ,c25 faults
The supplier is replacing with an upgrade that will fix the problem, but i just hardwired my aem in and its all good now.

The teather is a good call, hope thats all it is

Well, THE BUSA IS HEALED!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

It was the PMR kill switch. Pulled the teather off, tie-wrapped the connector in, and back in business!

Thanks Over200 for the idea..... :beerchug: You DA MAN! :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you for your ideas too.

P.

Last edited:
Back