Sick to my stomach...

Same person that built it from the ground up. Rick himself.
Is that Rick's custom cycle down past Dearborn heights?? And just curious if he's the one that did thre tune on your original motor?

Update:

Well, when you play dumb games you win dumb prizes. I was hanging with a few friends, as one of them was testing the bike for dig racing. Afterwards i decided to get on and take a stroll around the block. Boost controller armed I made it and came upon the main street were everyone was at. What does my dumb ass do, wack the throttle, go into full boost, come upon a corner and yep it happened. I had to decide where to dump the bike.

I knew better, and my conscience told me no, but i didn't listen and paid the price. HARD. 300+hp is a lot of power, and not to be played with on a residential street. Really posting this for those riders who are new like me, to ensure that they are listening to their conscience and ensuring they are at all times respecting the bike with this much power. Not trying to show out in front of friends.

This could have been a lot worse, and I was very lucky.

List of things that needs replaced:

front fender
nose and rt filler
ride side outer
right side inner
upper dash
lower dash
rt and left mirrors
all clips
tank
right switch housing
right master cyl and cap
rear subframe
right passenger mount and peg
rear trail
right tail filler
frame sliders
windscreen
ceramic coating for pipe
front and rear signs

Lesson learned!

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

A sad thing to see after all the work you put into it...

Were you hurt?

Well, at least you have experience in fixing it and the next fix will go quicker....

Multiple lacerations on the head and my shoulder was not in good shape for the next 2 days. I'm 100% now.

Bike is at the shop waiting on parts, and ready to get back. The bigger punishment is finally having good weather, hearing and seeing all the bikes out, and knowing I'm stuck and unable to ride.

Hard lesson to learn, but necessary I guess.

Multiple lacerations on the head and my shoulder was not in good shape for the next 2 days. I'm 100% now.

Bike is at the shop waiting on parts, and ready to get back. The bigger punishment is finally having good weather, hearing and seeing all the bikes out, and knowing I'm stuck and unable to ride.

Hard lesson to learn, but necessary I guess.

So...no gear on either I take it.....

Well, a few lessons to take away from this and you already nailed one of them-respect the machine.

I was at a buddies house. Had my jacket and boots on, but left my helmet at his house as I was only going around the block.

Lesson learned there as well. I will ALWAYS have my hear on no matter where I go.
We've been hearing this for years..."But I was only going...."
It will never stop.
Its proven that a huge percentage of crashes happen close to home.
The same argument will ensue every time as well. Gear Noghtzies vs the tanktop and flip-floppers.
Glad your OK,but even when this is read by others,no lesson will be learned.Turbo Busa,maybe not for everyone. All gear,all the time. Sad really.
Rubb.

Funny how everyone seems to be "ok" with getting on a 300hp + bike without a helmet. I honestly have never heard something more dumb. I am glad you are ok. But maybe go for a Harley ...or a scooter.

Funny how everyone seems to be "ok" with getting on a 300hp + bike without a helmet. I honestly have never heard something more dumb. I am glad you are ok. But maybe go for a Harley ...or a scooter.

While i understand your opinion, please note that before this incident i wear my gear 100% of the time. The one time I didn't is when I paid for it. We all do stupid things and need to learn from them. I have.. I was just posting for the next person like me wont have to go through what i did.

We've been hearing this for years..."But I was only going...."
It will never stop.
Its proven that a huge percentage of crashes happen close to home.
The same argument will ensue every time as well. Gear Noghtzies vs the tanktop and flip-floppers.
Glad your OK,but even when this is read by others,no lesson will be learned.Turbo Busa,maybe not for everyone. All gear,all the time. Sad really.
Rubb.

Between the bill from the ambulance ride, ER visit, and repair for the bike, i hope they take note. This was a expensive lesson for myself, hopefully I can save them the money.

Back