Sick to my stomach...

Are you sure he knew you have a gen 2?

Those Brock’s maps are generally garbage.

Yes. I purchased it from him directly. I dont claim to know everything, and im really new to this scene, but thought with the known name i would be ok.. ive been running 89 with his map since i bought it.

Ive only tried mr12 2 times with his mr12 map.. amd been on 89 pump ever since.

When i orginally purchased the bike a few years ago, this was the first place i came and i posted what i had done. Everyone seemed to say i made the right choices.. never mentioned the fuel though.

Yes. I purchased it from him directly. I dont claim to know everything, and im really new to this scene, but thought with the known name i would be ok.. ive been running 89 with his map since i bought it.

When i orginally purchased the bike a few years ago, this was the first place i came and i posted what i had done. Everyone seemed to say i made the right choices.. never mentioned the fuel though.
You ran MR12?

The owners manual says to run premium fuel, anyone running fuel octane other than what the manual says is looking for trouble in my opinion.

But, that being said, if you've been running 89 octane for a while and it hasn't gone boom until now, something else was the culprit I figure...is this the first time you really got into the throttle?

1500 miles on this bike with the Brocks maps. Junk.

No need to tear down unless you’re going to install new cases. You threw a rod it looks like. Nothing you did, it was just a part failure.

Reactions: c10
The owners manual says to run premium fuel, anyone running fuel octane other than what the manual says is looking for trouble in my opinion.

But, that being said, if you've been running 89 octane for a while and it hasn't gone boom until now, something else was the culprit I figure...is this the first time you really got into the throttle?

Thats partly correct. I ran the wrong octane fuel for about 7000 miles due to the fact that the fuel quality is different in europe than in canada. I always got "regular" and thought I can do that here in canada aswell. The engine / performance got poor overtime and I developed some strange and strong vibrations in low rpms and overall it ran badly. After I found out about it I cleaned the injectors and treated the engine/tank several fillings with some treatment. The vibrations are gone and engine runs smooth again.
What I wanna say with it is- That I am sure that engine wont be affected right away... Its a slow progress and maybe something happens later on...!

Sorry to hear brother.
As for hoping for a warranty claim...no chance in hell, sorry. Suzi would laugh saying u have a custom tune. Good thing u didnt waste the pennies on the ext war!
I know nothing of Brock, so I wont comment there.
Very sad day, and u r right... Could have easily laid her down and lost the whole bike as well as ur important pieces!
Troy

Back