Sick Busa, wont start

Bofh_uk

Registered
Hi everyone, got up this morning for work and a good screem down the motorway and the Busa has failed me :banghead:

I have lights, and everything seems fine but nothing on the button, I get the feeling its a clutch saftey sensor thing or something. Anyone got any tips, I had to ride the Pan European this morning and I don't think I can go another day without a dose of my Busa.

It will be dark when I get home so I could use a few tips.

start with the basics such as the key on, kill switch not bumped off "run", kickstand up, etc...had a similar circumstance once and i had just accidentally bumped the switch :beerchug:

Try unpluging the two wires that run to your clutch lever housing. connect the wires using a jumper wire and try to start the bike.

Just run start it? I know she's heavy, but as long as you're pulling in the clutch, run it down hill (or straight) and hop on it at about 10 mph in first, and let the clutch out quickly. Key in and on, switch on and stand up of course.

Just run start it? I know she's heavy, but as long as you're pulling in the clutch, run it down hill (or straight) and hop on it at about 10 mph in first, and let the clutch out quickly. Key in and on, switch on and stand up of course.

And if it's the side stand interrupt switch, that won't work. But it'll be good exercise pushing it back up the hill! :D :poke:

Better to figure out what's wrong with it and fix it so it works the way it was meant to work.

+1 on checking the simple things. I don't use the kill switch, ever, but I've bumped it a couple times and caused myself a few little heart attacks when I'm hundreds of miles from home!

--Wag--

I have tried to push start my busa once ! it was a flat road , and not fun ?with no luck

Maybe I didnt get it up to 10 mph?:whistle:

I have tried to push start my busa once ! it was a flat road , and not fun ?with no luck

Maybe I didnt get it up to 10 mph?:whistle:

ahahahah

I hope it was in like 5th gear trying to get that thing to turn over! :laugh:

Ok push starting a Busa is just stupid, it's too heavy and not a dirt bike. Our busa's have 4 saftey features that must work for her to start. (1)kill switch, is it turned off, (2)side stand switch check at harnes connector on left side of bike. Unplug connector use Multi meter and ohm out the switch, (stand down 0, stand up you should read some resistance probably 2.5 ohms. Tip over switch right side of bike close to battery area. Turn igntion on you should see about 2.5 volts bike standing straight up going through switch. last is the clutch saftey switch, connects behind clutch lever. check connection. You can bypass any of these saftey features with a simple 100k resistor, not a jumper wire! MOst common failure I have seen is the side stand switch, then the kill switch, or clutch. The kill switch you can bypass with a jumper wire, the switchs require a resistor. The first thing we need to know is does it have FI lite flashing. If so we need to ghetto dealr mode to retreive code. Hope this gets u started, if you need more diagnostic help let us know.:cheerleader:

Ok push starting a Busa is just stupid, it's too heavy and not a dirt bike. Our Busa's have 4 saftey features that must work for her to start. (1)kill switch, is it turned off, (2)side stand switch check at harnes connector on left side of bike. Unplug connector use Multi meter and ohm out the switch, (stand down 0, stand up you should read some resistance probably 2.5 ohms. Tip over switch right side of bike close to battery area. Turn igntion on you should see about 2.5 volts bike standing straight up going through switch. last is the clutch saftey switch, connects behind clutch lever. check connection. You can bypass any of these saftey features with a simple 100k resistor, not a jumper wire! Most common failure I have seen is the side stand switch, then the kill switch, or clutch. You can bypass the kill switch with a jumper, the other switchs u need a resistor. Firts thing we need to know is does it have FI lite flashing. If so we need to get into "ghetto" dealr mode to retreive code. Hope this gets u started, if you need more diagnostic help let us know.:cheerleader:

I would try what is listed first before I did anything else.
Eliminate the obvious first, if still nothing then get back to us here.

Back