Siberian huskies

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
What's up guys/gals? Wife wants to get a male pup. Any breeders or someone you know? Please hook me up.:beerchug: I wouldn't mind driving a couple hundred miles to pick up.

Thanks in advance,:beerchug:

My wife and I have had great luck in finding our next 4 legged child on petfinder.com

We could be doing this in the future.:thumbsup:

image.jpg

Dont know any breeders in your area, but great choice of furry friend. Huskies have great personalities. I swear, they can actually understand you speak. They actually make faces and have moods and communicate with you.

Mine mean the world to me

100_5398.jpg

100_5427.jpg

But honestly I would suggest getting two. They do not like being left alone when it's just one. When we just had our first one, he at remotes, pens, anything we left available. But that went away the moment we brought home the second pup.

And now they love each other and give hugs :)
100_5423.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite dog! They are beautiful dogs, sadly in this heat down here I would feel bad keeping one.

My favorite dog! They are beautiful dogs, sadly in this heat down here I would feel bad keeping one.

They actually do surprisingly well in the heat, but I would try to find a local breeder that has had a few generations of them "adapted" to the heat. My husky is an "inside" dog so he doesn't have the big coarse coat. He's a lot softer to the touch but that doesn't stop him for falling asleep in the snow outside either

Dont know any breeders in your area, but great choice of furry friend. Huskies have great personalities. I swear, they can actually understand you speak. They actually make faces and have moods and communicate with you.

100_5398.jpg

100_5427.jpg

But honestly I would suggest getting two. They do not like being left alone when it's just one. When we just had our first one, he at remotes, pens, anything we left available. But that went away the moment we brought home the second pup.

And now they love each other and give hugs :)
100_5423.jpg
Great looking dogs you have there. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the tips. :beerchug:
They're beautiful.:thumbsup:

They actually do surprisingly well in the heat, but I would try to find a local breeder that has had a few generations of them "adapted" to the heat. My husky is an "inside" dog so he doesn't have the big coarse coat. He's a lot softer to the touch but that doesn't stop him for falling asleep in the snow outside either

Agreed. As long as a little shade is available, mine are just fine outside in temps into the high 80's and low 90's (even though i still feel bad :) ).. They are also just as adapted to the cold. Ours are inside dogs also except stay outside when I'm at work and only on non rainy days. We keep them well brushed too so they dont have that SUPER thick and course undercoat. We leave them out in 20 degrees and 90 degress as long it is dry weather.

I have two pure bread huskies, I find they are good with heat but walking times change to early morning and late evening, winter months they love it both are kept very lean around 52lbs each, and surprise on the front of your mountain bike you don't have to pedal.

I have two pure bread huskies, I find they are good with heat but walking times change to early morning and late evening, winter months they love it both are kept very lean around 52lbs each, and surprise on the front of your mountain bike you don't have to pedal.

I totally do this with one of mine!! Rocky is 60lbs and solid as a rock. Sometimes I take him for a walk on my bike and just hold the leash and he pulls me everywhere!! :thumbsup:

I could not agree more. I swear that my husky(Gixer) understands every word you say to him and he has no problem talking back to you if he disagrees. So I might have rubbed a little of my facetious personality off on him. He's at a solid 70lbs now and is as strong as a mule. Here's a few pictures of my best friend....

A before and now...

gixer1_zps9f58adf5.jpg

and him just chilling in the yard...

gixer2_zps31ff0cee.jpg

This is about what you will bring home. Copper (older) is not quite happy with his new friend...

(Regarding mine and Justin's posts absout their personality)... You can tell copper is like "I just met you, but I already dont like you you little idget" :laugh:

100_4395.jpg

The first thing I tell anyone that is considering getting into the world of Siberian Husky's is to have patience. I'd be lying if I said my dog was an angel for the first 2-3 years. I'll go with the nicer word of calling him a butt head but that's being modest. We never had a problem with him chewing on wires or small objects. His favorite thing for about 6 months was high end shoes. I lost a pair of newer Nike Shox and a pair of Steve Madden to his teething.

He's now 7 and probably the coolest/funniest dog I've ever been around. He loves everyone and is 100% non aggressive about food or toys. The only thing with these dogs is the fact that they are pack dogs and there will only be 1 Alpha and if you want to be in charge, make it known at an early age. He's only ever nipped one person(my ex :laugh:) and she provoked it. He is very protective of me and not really anyone else.

Mine is part husky, part border collie. Quite possibly the smartest, most human dog I've ever met. That can be a good thing and a bad thing all in the same day... :banghead:

Mine is part husky, part border collie. Quite possibly the smartest, most human dog I've ever met. That can be a good thing and a bad thing all in the same day... :banghead:

Haha I agree. My dog when he was younger was an escape artist and was incredibly sly and great at hiding things

Honestly mine is the best behaved dog I've ever been around. NEVER had an "accident" in the house, never chewed anything but his own toys, kills rabbits, squirrels, possums in the back yard, but yet plays with his cat "brother" like he's made of glass.

VERY protective of me, my wife and now the baby. Honestly if Shoei (my dog) could change diapers I wouldn't need a nanny. :beerchug:

The perfect word for when they are out of puppy stage and disagree with what you tell them :rofl:

There is ALOT of disagreeing with what you tell them. They do quite a bit of things out of spite. When Shoei is outside barking (another horrible trait) and you open the door to yell at him to stop, he'll look at me, give me one more loud bark, then come inside.. Little bastard... :laugh:

Back