shutting down

busabullet

Donating Member
Registered
I am having a issue with my bike shutting down when it warms up. I have replaced the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay. Done the fuel pump mod. Had the power cpmmander remapped and still have the problem.

i would think it was a vapor lock, but you have changed all the fuel parts. maybe it is in the mod to the fuel pump using the power commander.

lurk.gif

Is it just turning itself off and then hard to restart?

Sounds like the idle's too low. Should be 1100RPM.

No it will start like usual when cold, once the bike heats up and the fan comes on the bike shuts down like it runs out of gas. Will not start at all. Then when it cools off it will start and run again. But it has to cool off for about half an hour to forty five minutes.

(busabullet @ Nov. 27 2006,22:23) No it will start like usual when cold, once the bike heats up and the fan comes on the bike shuts down like it runs out of gas.  Will not start at all. Then when it cools off it will start and run again. But it has to cool off for about half an hour to forty five minutes.
Could it me a short in the temp sensor. Short in the fan motor?

" fan comes on then it shuts down"

You could remove the left side fairing and warm the bike up to the point where it shuts off. Disconnect the fan and try restarting. If it starts..fan or sensor.

I believe there is a test for this in the shop manual.

runeight...

Vaccum leak possible. Start with your crankcase vent tube

I tried the to heat up the bike. The fan came on no problems went for a ride and it shut down. On the freeway and filled up with fuel just up to speed and bike acted like it ran out of gas. I have replaced evrything fuel pump. Fuel pump relay, temperature senor, fan relay switch, computer and power commander still problems.

Back