Showing a friend how to pick up his 600 lb bike

c10

Registered
Kenny is 66 retired Houston PD , and a Army Vet from Vietnam . @138 lb runner he told me about some off road drops , and was considering getting a lighter bike for gravel roads , and adventure riding . He's alone most of the time on his trips . So we took the Super T into the yard for some practice ;)

Kenny is 66 retired Houston PD , and a Army Vet from Vietnam . @138 lb runner he told me about some off road drops , and was considering getting a lighter bike for gravel roads , and adventure riding . He's alone most of the time on his trips . So we took the Super T into the yard for some practice ;)

Riding alone anywhere, especially in the back blocks adventure riding is unsafe and to be honest, foolish.
Bryan, you really should accompany him on these rides when possible.
The reason I say this is when I was 16 I went trail riding alone in a riverbed area, no-one around and early on a summer's morning.
I fell down a bank and my bike fell on top of me pinning me and I was buried in soft gravel.
It took an hour of supreme effort to dig my self out of there and get my bike back on the track . . . it could have ended a lot worse.
Ever since that day, I always ride with others, always!
Rant over . . . but you get my point. :confused:

Off road I prefer to push the bike up facing it. With the back to the bike it is easy to slip on loose ground.

Back