Showcase, Why Aren't Folks Adding To It?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay team I am all about change and working to resolve challenges but we haven't had a single person add their bike to the Showcase section of the forum since I mentioned it a few months ago.

Is there something that guys don't like about it, is it just not something people care about anymore?

What gives?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/showcase/

Cap forgive me, but what is it? Just a spot to show off your ride?

In a way, you can add whatever you want.. The intent is that guys can put their bikes and mods there and let's say that someone comes in and wants to see what Brocks Exhaust looks like they can do a simple sort on that and it would pull up all the bikes. Right now someone has to ask a question in the forum then hopefully someone else see's that and post a pic. You can put anything you want in there, the history, your rides, mods whatever..

That's a good idea, so do I put tags in it for people to sort on that?

Tags are good across the entire site or you can just add a list of Mods in the free text area.

At first I thought well it not as easy to use or function as forums. Then I was thinking well it’s not used so Maybe it’s really not and well maybe I should use it to get it... Went through the process to start a thread and go to upload pics and said pics are to large. Never had issues in this sight other than my avatar. Small road block that made me just not go through with it.

At first I thought well it not as easy to use or function as forums. Then I was thinking well it’s not used so Maybe it’s really not and well maybe I should use it to get it... Went through the process to start a thread and go to upload pics and said pics are to large. Never had issues in this sight other than my avatar. Small road block that made me just not go through with it.

Let me check, the size should be the same as the forum at about 10 meg per image and the server will resize down as necessary.

Sorry for the hassle!

I checked, the only limits we have is the size of the image which is set at 1600 x 1600 no limits on file size..

cap

My busa is just a pearl white plain jane. but when I come up with a good backdrop I'm gonna take some pics and submit it just for the heck of it, lol!

I got one started, previewed it and then I couldn't figure out how to post it. I saved it as a draft but darned if I can find it.

Forget it. I started over. Looks like it worked but my General information is sure going to take up a lot of space on the main page where you select the showcase you want to view. I have a lot more to go. I don't see everyone else's copy displayed unless you click their thread. Any pointers appreciated.

...and I found the draft!!! :thumbsup: Deleted it since I did the whole thing over! I could use some help here but you gotta admire my enthusiasm.

Last edited:
I got one started,
previewed it and then
I couldn't figure out how to post it .

I saved it as a draft but darned if I can find it .

Starting to dis-like the whole show case feature even worse . . .

I like when my alerts are in the right corner !

Hover over it & the red notice is gone *

Show case has too many hoops .

Red notice stays too long !

I will just avoid it *

Red, *<(;{)-

. . . :banghead:

:crazy:

just don't preview it and you'll be fine. Start an item, keep going. I think the red alert is there forever. Mine hasn't disappeared since I noticed it was there.

One small problem...I forgot you can't edit on this forum after a few hours pass. I can't ad to the showcase I started. Other than start a new one, I don't know what to do about that. I have a lot of plans for this bike. I would end up with 15 showcases by the time she's done.

Just don't preview it and you'll be fine .

Start an item,
keep going .

I think the red alert is there forever .

Mine hasn't disappeared since I noticed it was there .

Looks like everything we ask for gets fixed here ~ click the " Mark Viewed " button & it clears the red alert . . .

Celebratory drag bike link just because . . .

One small problem...I forgot you can't edit on this forum after a few hours pass. I can't ad to the showcase I started. Other than start a new one, I don't know what to do about that. I have a lot of plans for this bike. I would end up with 15 showcases by the time she's done.

Make chapters. "My Bike: Chapter 1" "My Bike: Chapter 2" and so on.

Back