Show your brush with Fame

At my old job, I sent text books to students enrolled in our school. We serviced mainly child actors and other niche markets. We have had Miley Cyrus, Chris brown, Lindsay Logan, jayden smith ( will smiths kid) Wayne Gretzky kid. The kids from sweet life of Zach and Cody. Basically anyone that was a child actor for Disney. I was basically the last person to touch the books before them. Sounds kind creepy when I type that but I thought it was cool.

I went to Jr. HS, and HS with Lonnie Shelton, he played with the Super Sonics. Know Brent McClanahan, he played for the Vikings. Teased Ryan Mathews, RB for the Chargers, he went to HS with my daughter. Scared the HELL out of Bill Russel. Was good friends with Deacon Turner, RB Bengals.

I am the Son of Floyd

well I'll have to post the first pic then Guys

Img 0124.jpg

When I was a kid I forced the filming of Pete's Dragon to be stopped. I went out to the cliff to look at the seals and They just happened to be filming that direction. I got to meet Red Buttons, Mickey rooney, Helen Reddy at the set. My mother catered the film set in the little town I grew up in.

I stepped on Niel Anderson ( former Chicago Bear) at a bar once and started yelling at him for getting in my way before my buddy told me who he was. We partied with him for the rest of the night then.

I did the concrete work for swimming pools for Mike Ditka, Walter Payton and other Chicago Bears players back in the day.

Met Dianna Favre at dinner one night. I was allowed to cook her steak for her. It was one of those cook your own steak places.

Talk to President Reagan on the phone once and when he came to the base I was at he asked to meet me so being the president they obliged him. That was the coolest person I have ever met.

Talk to President Reagan on the phone once and when he came to the base I was at he asked to meet me so being the president they obliged him. That was the coolest person I have ever met.

Wow that would have been cool no doubt.
My Dad used to work in the Movies back in Mexico where I grew up. Never a leading role of course but he did work with John Wayne, John Candy and some other actors in the wild wild west movie scene back then

As a kid living in Pittsburgh dad worked for Mellon Bank. Somehow some reason Rocky Blier (spelling) Terry Bradshaw and one other I don't remember had dinner at our house with parents and other bank people. I got an autographed Bradshaw jersey which to this day I still have no idea what happened to it?

Teenager in Stamford I worked at a pizza place that was popular for wwf wrestlers and associates.
Capt Lou Albano and his then galpal Cindi Lauper used to come in. Met Andre the giant one time there too.
Same town driving one day with friends and realized Hulk Hogan was next to us on a Harley. We were in right he was in left lane. We beeped and waved and were like 'oh man you're so cool!'. Was 1987 or so, the WWF was big and Stamford was headquarters. Anyway Hulk looks over and slowly raise his thumb and grins. At that moment the two lane road we were on merged into one. There was a car in front of Hulk with blinker on turning left. As he looked back from grinning at us he was like 'OH S**T!', grabbed a handful of brakes, locked up the tire and wound have slammed into back of car if he had not been so big and lucky! We kept going and told everybody how we almost killed Hulk Hogan.

Father and I did some consulting work for Raytheon during Gulf War and as a result Met Gen. Swarzkopf for lunch.

Detailed cars on the set of Miami Vice when I first moved to Florida and met the cast members as well as drove many of the vehicles for the show. That got me the job of detailing vehicles for Burt Reynolds show Bl Stryker(lame detective show that lasted like a season). Best part of that job was watching Loni Anderson ride her horse on his ranch in Jupiter where we worked. :)

But when I was 31 I met the most awesome person in the world.
My wife. :laugh:

As a kid living in Pittsburgh dad worked for Mellon Bank. Somehow some reason Rocky Blier (spelling) Terry Bradshaw and one other I don't remember had dinner at our house with parents and other bank people. I got an autographed Bradshaw jersey which to this day I still have no idea what happened to it?

Teenager in Stamford I worked at a pizza place that was popular for wwf wrestlers and associates.
Capt Lou Albano and his then galpal Cindi Lauper used to come in. Met Andre the giant one time there too.
Same town driving one day with friends and realized Hulk Hogan was next to us on a Harley. We were in right he was in left lane. We beeped and waved and were like 'oh man you're so cool!'. Was 1987 or so, the WWF was big and Stamford was headquarters. Anyway Hulk looks over and slowly raise his thumb and grins. At that moment the two lane road we were on merged into one. There was a car in front of Hulk with blinker on turning left. As he looked back from grinning at us he was like 'OH S**T!', grabbed a handful of brakes, locked up the tire and wound have slammed into back of car if he had not been so big and lucky! We kept going and told everybody how we almost killed Hulk Hogan.

Father and I did some consulting work for Raytheon during Gulf War and as a result Met Gen. Swarzkopf for lunch.

Detailed cars on the set of Miami Vice when I first moved to Florida and met the cast members as well as drove many of the vehicles for the show. That got me the job of detailing vehicles for Burt Reynolds show Bl Stryker(lame detective show that lasted like a season). Best part of that job was watching Loni Anderson ride her horse on his ranch in Jupiter where we worked. :)

But when I was 31 I met the most awesome person in the world.
My wife. :laugh:

Nice save Blanca!!

Played golf at Pebble Beach with Glen Frey (of Eagles fame) in 2000. He was practicing for the AT&T, and I was on a golf vacation. Major highlight.

Flew back from Hawaii on a plane with Carlos Santana. (He was in first class, but walked around the aircraft shaking hands with everyone. Way cool.

Had coffee at Starbucks with "Coach" (of Survivor fame.) He's from California.

Phil Collen, from Def Leppard is my cousin, used to hang around with Paul Di'Anno (Taylor) Iron Maiden singer, also Paul Day another Iron Maiden singer.
Used to knock about with Bobby Harrison, from Procol Harum.

I have am really good friends with Frank Fritz of American Pickers

Boyd Coddington sat and talked to me about my old nova, him and his wife took pics with me and the car.

A cool little fact,frank has over 40 motorcycles, the biggest bike guy I have ever met, he knows all makes and models.

Stephen Segal opened the door for me back in the 90’s when he was popular; he was a super nice too. My cousin used to play second base for several baseball teams (Astros, blue jays, and finally the pirates). I was 13 or so in his final season and he got us tickets to Phillies vs Pirates so my dad and I drove to Philly (we lived in MD) and hung out for the weekend. Turns out the night before the game was the Hall of fame game and we were staying in the same hotel as Reggie Jackson. I saw him in a elevator and asked him for his autograph. The only thing I had on me was a dollar so he signed it. FYI, he was a total prick! He gave me a dirty look of even asking for it, then he snatched it from my hand….but he signed it.

No pics though.

Everyone at the Midwest Meet and Greet met ME last year, so they should be posting in here shortly.. I'm HUGE in Japan!

Let's see..

Went to Jr. High with Shane Burton (8 seasons in the NFL and blocked a Pats field goal attempt in Super Bowl XXXVIII while with the Panthers)
Lived across the hall from Randy Moss in Towers East at Marshall U. Fun dude.
Talked to Jerome Bettis' then-girlfriend a few times on flights out of Pittsburgh. Nice lady.
Ate dinner across from Drew Barrymore at Le Petit Bistro in West Hollywood while visiting a friend. Made small talk. Felt like a dork.
Talked to Jim Kelly for 20 minutes or so while waiting to board a flight out of LaGuardia. Seemed nice enough.
Had Gabrielle Union make fun of my lack of hacky sack skills while I waited on a train out of White Plains with a buddy.

I have pictures of none of this. Just randomly stumbling through life. :)

At the towing company I worked for, I delivered a replacement rental car to Charles Napier who was staying in a Marriot Hotel in down town Miami

charles Napier.jpg

He was standing outside waiting for his car when he saw the name of our company :laugh: his ass off

img244.jpg

He went back up got me an autographed picture for the office, which my employer lost in one of our office moves :banghead:

charles Napier.jpg

img244.jpg

Back