Shoutout to PowerHouse

IG.

Registered
Hey Frank! I am too exhausted to call, as I just came back from the track day at NJMP with Team Promotion.

The bike performed flawlessly! She was a lamb when going through turns, with a fine touch of a well tuned stocker. But when I needed all that power for a few seconds as the space allowed - she delivered, and on that short straightaway easily got me to 150-160 and probably could get me to 170 if I were brave enough. Talk about double fun - fun in turns and fun on straights!

Heard a bit of an odd engine sound when I got back to the pits - like ticking. Could be my imagination, or she got a bit tired, LOL.

I am glad I went with stealth look. Only few people and some coaches noticed, and only after being around the bike for a few minutes... "Wait a second, what the heck is this?" LOL

Thanks again for the finest setup!

sounds like you had a great day! good job, Powerhouse :beerchug:

Hey Frank! I am too exhausted to call, as I just came back from the track day at NJMP with Team Promotion.

The bike performed flawlessly! She was a lamb when going through turns, with a fine touch of a well tuned stocker. But when I needed all that power for a few seconds as the space allowed - she delivered, and on that short straightaway easily got me to 150-160 and probably could get me to 170 if I were brave enough. Talk about double fun - fun in turns and fun on straights!

Heard a bit of an odd engine sound when I got back to the pits - like ticking. Could be my imagination, or she got a bit tired, LOL.

I am glad I went with stealth look. Only few people and some coaches noticed, and only after being around the bike for a few minutes... "Wait a second, what the heck is this?" LOL

Thanks again for the finest setup!

IG - not too many people out there who would road race a turbo busa, and not too many more that would believe it can be done. Congratulations on a good outing, you are definately not a poser. Please check all your header bolts for tightness, and think about an oil change with some Redline . . . ride safe and keep breaking hearts out in the street . . . :laugh:

Thank Semi. It turned out to be a great day - weather was perfect, and despite a number of red flags we managed to have 8 sessions.

Frank, thank you for your kind words. I am not a fast rider when it comes to turns, and not concerned with lap times. Just having fun. I can tell you one thing: if they used a fun-meter instead of a lap-timer I'd be the champion. And that's what really matters.

I will check header bolts. However, I started the bike after I finally unloaded from the trailer, let her come to temp, revved a few times - sounds and idles absolutely normal. Checked oil level - right at about 2/3 full as I set it a while back. At the track, there was no smoke from exhaust - which I was a tad concerned about in light of hard braking every 5-10 sec.

In all the honesty, if I didn't know about the turbo I would think it was a naturally aspirated engine with lots of power - that's how smooth it is. But man what a rush! Yeah I know it's all about corners, but passing those 1k's on straights was fun, too, LOL

It's a funny expression "breaking hearts on the street". Every time I come upon something worthy, it's a middle aged guy absolutely uninterested in making his boring driving... a bit interesting. Or, a middle aged woman, holding the steering wheel at 10 and 2, tensely looking through the windshield. But one day I was minding my own business as I was joyfully gliding through some light traffic, and noticing one car was clearly picking up pace as I was approaching... After about 3-5 sec, I could tell from my rearview mirror the car was still trying to pick up speed... A nice set of S-turns came up so I had to take a pleasure, then slowed down to wait for the car in question. Turned out it was a newer Viper SRT, nice looking too, with two young studs showing thumbs up, and looking excited. With my left hand and my head, I acknowledged the best I could that their car was no slouch either, and that, yes, if I could afford it I would gladly add that piece of machinery to my vehicles.

Back