Shout out for a helping hand in Seattle area.

TallTom

Registered
Hello everyone. I am here helping build my elderly parents a cabin on Bainbridge Island. I am at the finishing stages of it and we are installing a back-up generator in an out building.

It will be in close enough proximity to the cabin that I really want to quiet it down a lot. I want to house it inside and exhaust it to the outside and I would like to adapt a Stock Gen.1 muffler to it. I have read where it has been done and the fabbing of the adaptation is pretty readily standard with pipe fittings. I need a can, actually two if I can get them, but one will get us by for now. Why two, because my bro-in-law has a back-up at the main house that is stock exhaust and it is not only loud as heck, the OEM mufflers are simply minimal and needs replacement like every 50 hours. He is THRILLED at the idea of this working as he has tried a few different types of mufflers and they fail pretty early. This idea completely intrigues him.

I could really use some stock cans that nobody wants/needs/cares about anymore. They don't have to be pretty, just complete, and in good shape from the OEM muffling side. Meaning they weren't gutted out or ran for 115K miles before you took them off. Cheap is required, free is awesomely good and gets you some farm made items that we can trade you.

I need to see if I can do this in the next day or so as I am heading back home on Wednesday and I want to try and get this at least figure out before I go so my bro-in-law can see it til completion if I can't.

I would have given them mine if I knew we were going to do this little project before I left.

Never seen a Gen 2 muffler so I don't know if they are flanged the same but judging from the design they should be super duper quiet as well, but I am familiar with the Gen 1, mount etc.

So if anyone in the Seattle area can help a fellow Org member out, I would be so happy to let you see a pretty cool farm life here.

Good luck,sure someone can help you out. Also can try and post in the wanted section of the classifieds. :beerchug:

I would like to see the finished product. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back