Should I or SHouldnt I...

Shindo97

Registered
Here is my situation busa brothers and sisters of mine....

This 2004 Lim is SCREAMING for a few things...I want to do a full system TI FORCE titanium exhuast, Power Commander, and Airbox mod to it. Just the basics to give me a little more UMPH....

HERE IS THE PROB...i KNOW FOR A FACT i wont keep her if the 2006 comes out with an all new engine. So if i invest any money in her, i know it will be lost when it comes time to sell her, or trade her in.

But we wont hear anything of the 2006's until earliest sept, if not later this year...even then i will have to wait for a Limited Ed version to show up...If they dont come revamped, then i am keeping this one forever.

hook a Busa guy up with some advice...

Keep the bike and make the mods, you wont have any trouble selling her and the money lost wont be that significant if you know how to reason with a perspective buyer.:)

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112717275 -->

Hey just make the mods keep the stock parts....after teh new one comes out put the stock stuff back on and sell the bike and after market parts separately
cool.gif

I personally don't think you'll see any dramatic changes in the '06 Busa.....the 12R is it's nearest competition...the ZZR is pretty much all it's ever gonna be and the Blackbird XX is defunct.....so...what motovation does Suzi have to best it's own???...and before anyone goes there "Liter Class" scoots are a class unto themselves...they'll pop out bigger RWHP numbers but will never match the Busa's torque.

I personally have no burning desire to $pend thou$and$ making my Busa faster than it already is..other bikes???..yeah...did everything I could to whip my 125RWHP FZ1 up to 138RWHP...but the Busa???...nope..not for the street anyways...but do you thing man cause he who hesitates is lost.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Make her like ya want her and keep her. I don't know if i'll make a single change to mine I think she's beautiful as she is 2005 blue and silver

why not hang onto the money and if they do change it in 06 to where u want one.. put that money towards it. we got about 6 months until we know somethin. think about this.. u are on the fastest production bike whats a pipe gonna do now that it cant do in 6 months???

brixxer...you jsut helped me make my mind...if i dont hear something good, then She gets a bunch of new presents in 6 months.

Thanks all.

Definitely mod the one you got. I had the same dilemma with the 05 LE this year. I have an 04 Blue/Silver and I spend a lot of money this winter on her. When I first saw the 05 LE my jaw dropped. But I kept with my 04.
smile.gif

do the mods... keep the stock parts so that you can replace them when you intend to sell it off! You can sell the mods seperately, to recover your $$$

biggrin.gif

I would mod it now....if you need to get the 06 return to stock, and maybe a lot of the parts will transfer over....I myself am in the same boat...But I doubt they are going to change the styling....but they may get a little more power....But considering I would probably lose some money on selling or trading my 04....I'll keep it and the money I save I can put towards mods that will keep right in line or ahead of the 06....

No matter what you still have a Busa...

brixxer...you jsut helped me make my mind...if i dont hear something good, then She gets a bunch of new presents in 6 months.  

Thanks all.
Dude I have heard this puzzle for years. I was hearing in 2003 that the 04 was gonna be all juiced up and better and was scared to purchase my 03 because I didn't wanna buy a bike and then next year want the new one. Well here it is time to start thinking about the 06's and the same rumors floating around. I bought my 03 and here it is 2 years later and not SQUAT has changed except it says "S" on the tank now instead of Suzuki and it has clear lenses. If I would have kept waiting for a new one all this time I'd be pissed. So I say mod the one you have, ride her hard, and when you get rid of that supra buy the new one as a stablemate and tell us all how it rides.

Back