Should I keep my exhaust naked?

L4zarus

Registered
As the title say's basically it's naked atm. I took the stock trash cans off and I love the sound of it now.. I have on order two bro's m-2 black series exhausts. Only problem is that I'm sort of in a money bind atm. Saving $800 would do a whole lot for a college kid these days. Is there any point for me to go through with the two bro's or should I just keep them naked?

Save it if you like the sound, go buy a couple tips from fleet farm to clean up the look
Posted via Mobile Device

IMHO save a couple more ben franks and get a full exhaust :thumbsup:

I just found a Tsukigi full exhaust system for a little over $500 shipped. It list for $1300. It will be delivered tomorrow and I will document fit and finish with this forum after the install. There have been a lot of deals on EBay lately.

Careful if you are just running the mid pipe...it'll melt your belly wing when you open it up

I was in yuor same shoes just a couple months back. I wanted loud, tried taking off the mid-pipe and running it naked like you...and it was just TOO loud for me...and I WANTED loud. I bought some used 2bros M-5's on here from another member and I love them. Nice deep rumble at idle but doesn't blow you away when you get on it. I'm positive you will like the sound of your 2bros if you go that route. BUT, if you like the sound of her naked then do a search on here for the HEDMAN HOT TIPS. It's a really cheap way to get what you want,...like under 100 bux cheap. Basically a knock-off voodoo setup. If you are tight on dough, check out the Hedman Hot tips.

I was in yuor same shoes just a couple months back. I wanted loud, tried taking off the mid-pipe and running it naked like you...and it was just TOO loud for me...and I WANTED loud. I bought some used 2bros M-5's on here from another member and I love them. Nice deep rumble at idle but doesn't blow you away when you get on it. I'm positive you will like the sound of your 2bros if you go that route. BUT, if you like the sound of her naked then do a search on here for the HEDMAN HOT TIPS. It's a really cheap way to get what you want,...like under 100 bux cheap. Basically a knock-off voodoo setup. If you are tight on dough, check out the Hedman Hot tips.

:beerchug: cheers man. Yea the loudness doesn't bother me cuz the headphones I ride with are amazing. They block out just enough sound so the exhaust isn't over whelming, but that I can still hear important stuff. (skull candy) btw, best 10-20$ you'll ever spend on headphones.

My bike is in your shoes right now. Its headers to chrome tips at the moment. Full exhaust will be on when I get home though. Wait it out, save up some dough, get a full exhaust. You'll be fine with what you got right now. I think.........

Maybe this is something I should know but what the heck is "atm"?

edit: does that mean at the moment? Running straight header Is a bad idea for your plastics, and performance.

Yea it means at the moment. I'm not entirely concerned with performance since I don't race or anything, unless its detrimental. Someone else mentioned about the belly plastics, but everytime I go out and come home they're not even warm.

Yea it means at the moment. I'm not entirely concerned with performance since I don't race or anything, unless its detrimental. Someone else mentioned about the belly plastics, but everytime I go out and come home they're not even warm.

3 of us took our cans off at Maxton for testing purposes the last event. In the one mile WOT run the gen 1 melted the belly pan in half and it fell apart and the gen II belly pans warped from the flame coming out.

Probably ok street riding, but be careful with it, might get something hot you don't want it to~!~
If you have the can off in the dark one night, clip the throttle to a good RPM and see if it doesn't show you a little flame coming out, especially if it pops a little on deacceleration.

Unless of course you have the heat proof Tiger Racing aluminum pan like I slipped back on after that. :laugh:

I'm still mad at myself for not taking off work to buy a used full Muzzy exhaust for $200:mad:

I have been researching the same thing, I came across this site
LORD HUMONGOUS EXHAUST they sell tips for Busa and a Power Commander is not needed and the site claims enough back pressure is built using their baffles. I just ordered a pair, so I will let you know how it turns out. They start at $139 for two tips to go on the stock header. Check out the ebay link and the youtube link, they are really loud.

Youtube link
tips‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Their Ebay store
LORD HUMONGOUS EXHAUST items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!
tips‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back