Should i get a 01 Busa?

Vladcanada

Registered
Ok here's my story... I used to ride alot back when i used to live in Europe, started out with 50 cc scooters when i was 14, and then i rode everything from 125 cc dirt bikes to 1100 gixxers, then IN 2001 i came here, and now 4 years later i decided i wanna go back riding, after riding my friends 1100 blackbird for a few hours, i like that bike!!!

So i decided to get a bike end of next month, after I move, ( We just bought a house)

So lately I've been looking at what bike to get... and it is very hard for me to choose, because i like all kind of bikes
smile.gif

But! i saw few sweet busas! and cheaper then any other bikes i saw so far. I st on one and it feels as comfy as blackbird, and i really like it. I'm 245 pounds 6.3 so i need a bigger bike like busa too.

So can somoene tell me are 01 busas had any major problems or somthing? There's quite few busas for sale from 2000 to 2003 so i will choose one with lower milage too. Is there anything is hould watch for... and what year busa is the best from the years i mentioned?

Thanks alot, Vlad.

P.s dont mindmy grammar im in a hurry! + still working on my english
smile.gif

smile.gif

I've got '01. As far as I know all bugs been fixed starting from '01 (i.e. cam chain tensioner recall, there was one more thing - forgot what else).

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the board!

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115886832 -->

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...highly recomend you to buy a busa, 01 is fine... but if you do have an option I'd suggest you go in for the 03/04 !! All issues sorted out on those bike
wink.gif

I've got '01. As far as I know all bugs been fixed starting from '01 (i.e. cam chain tensioner recall, there was one more thing - forgot what else).

..the other two problems were

a) Weak Subframe
b) Starter motor

welcome to the board and from whay all ive read shenoyp has it right make sure recalls are fixed if not go a yr or 2 newer
wink.gif

Welcome to the board! Nothing different on the Busa from '99 to now except for colors. The issues mentioned above could be fixed by a dealer if they have not. Other than that get whatever bike you most enjoy because that's what's important, but a Busa will bring a constant smile to your face!

..the other two problems were

a) Weak Subframe
b) Starter motor
Actually, in 2001 Suzuki got smart and replaced the aluminum subframe with a steel one.
wink.gif
Yer right on the money though, with the weak starter being a problem.

Vlad, just make sure that the starter recall has been done on yer 01. The 01 is also the first year Suzuki decided to limit the tops speed to 186.

Other than that, the bikes are about as tough as a bullet.

Just my .o2...

All I can say if BUY IT!!! I have lamented over what to buy for almost 6 months. I just bought an '04 Busa and I can hardly wait to wake up and see if the weather permits riding. It is my first sportbike and I don't have a ton of experience but enough to know that EVERYONE is correct in that as long as you know your limitations and respect the power it has you'll love it. It is the sweetest ride I have ever had.

Back