Should I buy this?

1 more gun metal grey not black

P8060156.JPG

There was no oil leaking from shocks.
How can I be sure shocks are good?He told me they leak when theyre bad/

But like i said,he had a strap bolted to frame and fork that kept the shocks from coming up much if any. So the shock wouldnt be compressing,could have no oil at all for all i know.Actually it went down a good 1.5 inches when I was testing the shocks.

He said he was doing low-mid 9sec 1/4 miles Didnt specify time tho

I was interested in your 05 till you said it needed seals/work,I been real lazy lately and need something turn key.
Unless...I get a redicoulous deal
hello.gif

The turning thing is freaking me out....its like the bike was trying to turn back straight and i had to fight to keep the wheel turned slightly.
So it ended up in a wobbling contest
laugh.gif

20K miles on an 04?  That's alot of miles.....................for someone that never rides.  
shutup.gif

Im looking to grab this 2004  blue/grey mostly stock in 99% mint cond

Its got a drag racing strap on the front suspension and drag radial
smaller front sprocket by 1 tooth
new rotars.brakes everything looked good

The guy drag races it sometimes but hes like 45 so hes not like klling it to death.

it shifted nice ,no knocking,no slipping

I smelt gas in the oil  
rock.gif
??

When I turned slowly it  felt like the front was wobbly or kinda pulls?

the turns were slow 4mph  steering wheel turns,not leaning.

Also"i never rode a busa" But the power is nothing like a gsxr1000
it was verry mild ..but fast..

Im 260lbs and a 1000 picks  me right up in the air,the  busa didnt,///but..I i wasnt killing the bike,like i did on the 1000

20k miles....
I can get it for 55 or 58...Im thinking it may not be smart to buy a bike hats been dragged alotbut if he didnt tell me,i woulda never kn ew IM needing some help here.

IM a mechanic so ask me anything about it I will remember.

Thanks guys!!
I'd pass on that one if I were you. Its a buyers market out there...you can do better
winkold.gif

Might want to ride a couple of different busa's for sale if possible to get the feel for the bike. Then you'll have something to compare the feel to. Just a suggestion. Those miles aren't bad if the guy was a daily commuter or something. But if he put 20k 'hard' miles on it - I'd find a different bike.

Im not giving my 05 away , shoot over and see joe or whitey at formula one they had some used busas on the floor real low milage , there was also a 2002 for sale with realy low milage even if the bike comes from out of state you could have it shipped for about 700 dollars anywhere in the USA. Good Luck with the search A busa is a different animal compared to a liter bike It is going to turn a bit different even more so at low speed , check the front tire for a flat spot, also check the pressure in the front tire a couple pounds off will make a big difference . If youd like I could look at the bike for you , but with being a mechanic Im sure you have it covered .
beerchug.gif

Thanks John and everyone else for the replys

Im gonna just find a mint mint one or buy new.For another 800 or 1500 its just stupid to take the chance right? If there is a problem like

it needing rings
clutch
fork seals
etc
its going to cost me well over that.

I hate having to make decisions.

cool.gif
Ill be joining the owner club soon and look forward to it

Thanks John and everyone else for the replys

Im gonna just find a mint mint one or buy new.For another 800 or 1500 its just stupid to take the chance right? If there is a problem like

it needing rings
clutch
fork seals
etc
its going to cost me well over that.

I hate having to make decisions.

cool.gif
Ill be joining the owner club soon and look forward to it
Yup. There are plenty like that out there too. Shopping around is half the fun.

ya i'd hold off on that one, there are plenty of good deals to be had beings people are wanting the 08's

Personally I've never seen a busa with a steering wheel before(just kidding) Anyhow I have to agree with everyone else dont buy something that needs a lot of work. Shop around you'll find a better deal I'm sure.
thumb_up.gif

Why does everyone act like a bike is shot after 10,000 miles?? Yes if its been wheelied for 9,000 miles never changed the oil and always at redline. The key is to look for a maintained bike my 02 I just bought has 20 on it but was used as a touring bike by a guy in his 40's and his wife was ALWAYS on it so redline was out of the question. As far as never seeing a bike with 20,000 on it? Just how long have you been riding, Ive seen over 100,000 miles on some, just most sportbikes are crashed or trashed before then.Not the bikes fault.

Why does everyone act like a bike is shot after 10,000 miles?? Yes if its been wheelied for 9,000 miles never changed the oil and always at redline. The key is to look for a maintained bike my 02 I just bought has 20 on it but was used as a touring bike by a guy in his 40's and his wife was ALWAYS on it so redline was out of the question. As far as never seeing a bike with 20,000 on it? Just how long have you been riding, Ive seen over 100,000 miles on some, just most sportbikes are crashed or trashed before then.Not the bikes fault.
Who was acting like that? 20K on an 04 is low mileage for those of us who actually ride. I think that was stated a couple of times.
winkold.gif

And it has been dropped b4,Theres some scuffing on one of the stock muffs and like 7 ant size chips total. 1 on each mirror,1 on seat rail,3 on ferrings 1 on dash

20k man! I never seen a bike w/20k on it in  my life..Not to say theres not any out there with 5 times that,but Ive never seen them.

Especially a 2 or 3 yr old bike?
heh, my 05 i just totaled had 44k, the 01 i had till it was ripprd in 05 had 33k, a 03 gsxr1k i had for 2 years- 25k, zx9r had 25k.
with a rear sprocket 2 teeth larger the busa wheelies extremely easilt

Depends on how much the guy wants for it. I wouldn't buy a bike setup for the strip for an every day driver, but for the right price....

like said before in here you can find some killer deals especially with the 08's out so doo some work and shop around whether you go new or used get a feel for them

Back