Should I buy this?

dannydoo

Registered
Im looking to grab this 2004 blue/grey mostly stock in 99% mint cond

Its got a drag racing strap on the front suspension and drag radial
smaller front sprocket by 1 tooth
new rotars.brakes everything looked good

The guy drag races it sometimes but hes like 45 so hes not like klling it to death.

it shifted nice ,no knocking,no slipping

I smelt gas in the oil
rock.gif
??

When I turned slowly it felt like the front was wobbly or kinda pulls?

the turns were slow 4mph steering wheel turns,not leaning.

Also"i never rode a busa" But the power is nothing like a gsxr1000
it was verry mild ..but fast..

Im 260lbs and a 1000 picks me right up in the air,the busa didnt,///but..I i wasnt killing the bike,like i did on the 1000

20k miles....
I can get it for 55 or 58...Im thinking it may not be smart to buy a bike hats been dragged alotbut if he didnt tell me,i woulda never kn ew IM needing some help here.

IM a mechanic so ask me anything about it I will remember.

Thanks guys!!

So, your saying 45 year olds are to old to ride fast and hard........
whistling.gif

Ahhh, didnt sound good at first! Get with PDbusa, Charlie is in your area, he might be able to give it a lookin' over for ya.

And it has been dropped b4,Theres some scuffing on one of the stock muffs and like 7 ant size chips total. 1 on each mirror,1 on seat rail,3 on ferrings 1 on dash

20k man! I never seen a bike w/20k on it in my life..Not to say theres not any out there with 5 times that,but Ive never seen them.

Especially a 2 or 3 yr old bike?

What are common problems I should be looking for?
I didnt notice anything offhand,besides front brakes are a little slow to react.But i could adjust that i thnk

Make sure it will hold power in second gear without it feeling like the chain is slipping.

where you located , Ive got an 05 that Id let go has 35000 miles on it still running strong

P8060157.JPG

Im in holbrook area you?

Its all black?

I like the blk..What mods? What are you looking to get?

This other one has new sprockets and new chain,is that what your refering to?About slip feeling?

Im in holbrook area  you?

Its all black?

I like the blk..What mods? What are you looking to get?

This other one has new sprockets and new chain,is that what your refering to?About slip feeling?
Do a hard pull in 2nd. You will know what we are talking about if it happens. I guess it feels like the chain is slipping. If it does, you need to have the tranny undercut. Not cheap.

no he is refering to bent shift forks and rounded gear dogs , you need to hammer on the bike in second gear wind it out to the limiter a couple times , t will feel ike the bike is getting ripped from under you cost is about 2100 to repair at a dealer

Welcome! Wondering what times he was running on the strip with stock exhaust? Low tire pressure or fork seal leak may be the reason for the poor turning ability or wobble. You might want to look at a couple others before committing.

Im looking to grab this 2004  blue/grey mostly stock in 99% mint cond

Its got a drag racing strap on the front suspension and drag radial
smaller front sprocket by 1 tooth
new rotars.brakes everything looked good

The guy drag races it sometimes but hes like 45 so hes not like klling it to death.

it shifted nice ,no knocking,no slipping

I smelt gas in the oil  
rock.gif
??

When I turned slowly it  felt like the front was wobbly or kinda pulls?

the turns were slow 4mph  steering wheel turns,not leaning.

Also"i never rode a busa" But the power is nothing like a gsxr1000
it was verry mild ..but fast..

Im 260lbs and a 1000 picks  me right up in the air,the  busa didnt,///but..I i wasnt killing the bike,like i did on the 1000

20k miles....
I can get it for 55 or 58...Im thinking it may not be smart to buy a bike hats been dragged alotbut if he didnt tell me,i woulda never kn ew IM needing some help here.

IM a mechanic so ask me anything about it I will remember.

Thanks guys!!
Sounds like he rode it like he stole it!
whistling.gif

2005 le
HMF highmount full exhaust
puig double bubble dark smoke
tobin seat
power commander with nitrous junkie map, He sold me the exhaust
no pair valve
all black wheels
new chain and sprockets
throttle miester
stainless steel brake lines f/r clutch line i have but not installed
ebc hh pads
helibars
3/4 genmar risers
bmc race filter
Hid 8000k high and low

needs tires and fork seals ,never raced but it was ridden
has aftermarket sprockets now 2 up in rear for more accel also have new stock sprocket
lowsided once low speed down at the bash 2 years ago
all plastics and tank were replaced through insurance , still have old ones right /left/front/fender/tail /and tank
also front and rear wheels with small dent in each will go with bike

have to talk with the wife

als at 4000 les I had the trans 2nd gear problem , trans was sent to r and d in florida was undercut and new hd shift forks and shaft installed has not skipped a beat since

also have the stock parts

was thinking about returning it to stock selling all the aftermarket stuff sepperatly

Back